Notices

I need HELP getting off the oxi!

Old 09-25-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need HELP getting off the oxi!

I've have been taking 20mg of oxi 8 times a day for since 2008. I have to stop! But I am very scared! Any advice foe w/d?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Need he getting off the oxi!

I've have been taking 20mg of oxi 8 times a day for since 2008. I have to stop! But I am very scared! Any advice foe w/d?[/QUOTE]
Old 09-25-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Marcie,

You can do it! I went through a pretty tough withdrawal a few years ago. I did not wean, I went cold turkey and was pretty sick. But I will tell you that supplements did help as well as lots of water. Do you have any support, family or otherwise who know of your situation and will help you through this sick time.

By day 13 I took my son to a carnival at our church and I was FREE! You too can be free in a short time, I will pray for you. More people will reply to this post as well, so hang in there and check back.

Oh and another thing people have used this forum as they detox for support. We check on your progress and cheer you on!

Blessings, Lily
Old 09-25-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, lots of questions here...
Do you need the meds for actual pain? Do you have access t0 medical care? If so, a doc can prescribe meds that will help you transition off of them.

I had been taking pain meds for Chronic pain since 2006 and have do it. I went CT the first time and had medical help the second one. First time was hell and the second was rough... But not as horrible. Keep in mind, I was taking meds that was roughly 3X as strong as your DOC.
I'll be perfectly honest with you and tell you it is not easy going cold turkey. However, if you do - the members on this board have been through it and can help you. No we can't make suggestions to presciption meds (that's your doctors job) but we can offer advice on supplements and can provide all the support in the world.
Your life will be rough for a few weeks but after that YOU WILL BE FREE!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't dread the withdrawals. OPIATE WITHDRAWALS ARE NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. I've gone through oxy and heroin withdrawals many times now and I've come to find that by focusing on every minute symptom of our withdrawals, we make them much worse than they really are. The last time I kicked oxy, I cold turkeyed 300mg a day to nothing and in retrospect it wasn't as bad as the withdrawals from heroin and other drugs.

The worst part about withdrawals is the knowledge that with a single shot you can make everything better. That is why guys I know say that kicking in prison is easier than at home. This is why I suggest you absolutely go to a medical detox facility if you can.

I wish withdrawals were the hardest part of quitting. The hardest part about quitting is staying clean after you're done with withdrawals. Quitting is easy, staying quit is hard.

So please realize that your oxy withdrawals won't be the end of the world, don't blow the dreaded withdrawals out of proportion. At least for oxy and heroin users the immediate physical withdrawals are done after a week. For methadone, they'll be in withdrawals for several weeks to over a month.

Take it easy and don't task yourself with worrying about how you'll ever stay clean the rest of your life. Just focus on today. Don't let the future overwhelm you. If you spend your present moment worrying about the future, then you'll always be worried.