Notices

Am I Addicted to Pills

Old 09-24-2011, 02:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I Addicted to Pills

Pills Anonymous World Service - The 12-steps of PA

TWENTY QUESTIONS

I will Honestly Answer all the questions Posed here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>This was me before I stopped.......with great difficulty,but I did it.

Here are the 20 questions designed to help you determine if you are a pill addict:

Has your doctor, spouse or anyone else expressed concern about your use of medications? yes
Have you ever decided to stop taking pills only to find yourself taking them again contrary to your earlier decision? yes
Have you ever felt remorse or concern about taking pills? yes
Has your efficiency or ambition decreased since taking pills? yes
Have you established a supply for purse or pocket or to hide away in case of emergency? yes
Have you ever been treated by a physician or hospital for excessive use of pills (whether or not in combination with other substances)? yes
Have you changed doctors or pharmacies for the purpose of maintaining your supply? yes
Have you received the same medication from two or more physicians or pharmacists at approximately the same time? yes
Have you ever been turned down for a refill? yes
Have you ever taken other peoples pills with or without their permission or obtained them illegally? no
Have you taken the same pain or sleep medication for a prolonged period of time only to find you still have the same symptoms? yes
Have you ever informed your physician as to which pill works best at which dosage and had them adjust the prescription to your recommendations? yes
Have you increased the dosage, strength or frequency of your pills over the past months or years? yes
Are your pills quite important to you; e.g., do you worry about refills long before running out? oh yes
Do you become annoyed or uncomfortable when others talk about your use of pills? yes
Have you or anyone else noticed a change of personality when you take your pills, or when you stop taking them? yes
Have you ever taken your medication before you had the associated symptom? yes
Have you ever been embarrassed by your behavior when under the influence of your pills? no
Do you ever sneak or hide your pills? yes
Do you find it impossible to stop or to go for a prolonged period without your pills? yes
If you answered yes to three or more of these questions, then our experience would indicate that you may be one of us.

Its so good to be free of all the deciet,lieing,guilt,embarrassment,fear,numbness,et c...sense the 26/10/86, My 25th Anniversary is Monday Next.
Im going to take my Wife out Dancing PG.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

That was very interesting.....I was not aware there was a PA....:
Did it branch off from NA?

Congratulations on your long term recovery....
Old 09-24-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im jumping the Gun a little....next Monday is 26/9/11...........Ill have to wait another Month for it to be the 26/10/11.............Whats another Month.
Carol to answer you question , I dont know if PA is in anyway connected to NA,I must check it out.I have never heard of a PA fellowship here in Ireland.Cheers.