Notices

Relapsed on hydrocodone

Old 08-23-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed on hydrocodone

I had been clean for 2 weeks, but the past three days I have taken a hydrocodone a day. I am really scared the withdrawals will come back full force. I am not going to take anymore, this drug has ruined my life. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I was addicted for three years, but I beat it. Then this relapse happened. I dont know what I am going to do if the wds comeback. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hey Willy,

Huge congratulations on your desire to get clean.

My experience tells me that getting clean and staying clean are two very different things.

I've also come to know that staying clean and recovering are very different as well.

I didn't understand how sick I was when I stopped using. I thought it was all about the drugs.

Drugs were but a symptom. I knew I had problems with using, but I didn't get that I was dealing with the frequently fatal disease of addiction.

I could not do this alone.

Why not try an NA meeting today?

I'm rooting for you all the way.

With love,

SIU
Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just want to update.

Thank you for the words. I definitley needed it. I decided to go to a dr. for it. I was given three suboxones. He told me he didnt feel right prescribing me more. He told me to break it into fours, and the last one into sixes. I did that. I am happy to say that I have not touched hydrocodone since then. I feel a little lethargic sometimes, but the hardest part is over. Now it is time to battle my own psyche. Which I am managing to do. It is not easy, but my life is worth more to me. I just remember it is one day at a time. So keep me in your thoughts as I fight my way downhill, because the climb was a bitch. Excuse my language. LOL. Anybody else just starting to come off of this, I say to you, do it. It is worth it.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy to report that i am hydrocodone free for months now. No suboxone. Just no pills. I did it, and you can too;.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

GREAT job, Willy!