Notices

hallucinations

Old 08-15-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hallucinations

I have bipolar2, I've never been psychotic. I was up late last night at the computer which is right by the kitchen. From the corner of my eye (peripherally) I saw my grand-daughter who's 10 looking for something to eat in the kitchen. She often spends the night and lived here up to a year ago. In my head I'm thinking she spent the night (she was at home). I looked in the kitchen and of course she wasn't there. I figured o.k. it's exhaustion and went to bed. It freaked me out though.

Those of you who have hallucinated is this what you experience? I see my doctor on Thursday and am on a waiting list for a new psychiatrist. I can just imagine how she's going to react to this one.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I wish I had some experience to share with you on this but I do not. I just wanted to say I am glad you are going to discuss this with your doctor.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love your signature, I read that and said, "hell ya'. Never seen that before but so true - that plus crappy genetics.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Originally Posted by danielleinto View Post
I love your signature, I read that and said, "hell ya'. Never seen that before but so true - that plus crappy genetics.
Thanks. I too loved it from the minute I read it. I found it so applicable to my life for so many different reasons. Far too often people see depression and other mental health diseases as character flaws or mind over matter when in fact they are real illness' that need to be addressed. It isn't simply a matter of being weak willed. What people do not realize is how much strength it takes to continue to live each day when in the depths of that black pit of depression. Unless one has been there they can not comprehend how much of a struggle it is and the strength it takes to make it through.