Notices

Kickin The Habit... Roxycodone

Old 08-14-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Kickin The Habit... Roxycodone

Whats up everyone im new here and need'd some advise so i thought id post here. I been on Roxycodone 30mg x 6 (180mg total) a day for 2 years. Im tired of depending on this **** to start my day or to even enjoy it. Yesterday on 8/13/11 was my first day not taking anything. Im doing this cold turkey. So far I been getting the aches, have to constantly move my legs around, stomache hurts, hot/cold sweats, and can't sleep.

Day 2 today and feel exactly same as yesterday . Only thing i have to help is some green and i been smoking A LOT of it.

How many more days would you expect the physical part to last?

What should I grab from the store to help with whats going on?

Only thing that makes me want to take one is to take away this dope sickness. I do not care about the "high" anymore. I just want my old life back, independent.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You should probably talk to your prescribing Dr. Every time I woke up and decided this is it im not doing this anymore I set myself up for failure. I needed a well thought out plan.I'm not saying that you should give up but your chances to suceed are better with medical help. Your 2 days in its the perfect time to call the Dr. and let them in on your plan.
You will also get support from local AA-NA groups face to face interaction keeps us present in our recovery. They have all been where you are and can help.
Good luck You can do this it. Its not easy but its very simple! Dont use and go to meetings.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Old 08-14-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

Hi sfox:

You might find some good information on a thread called "I'm going cold turkey...", and another one called "Oxycodone withdrawal help...". I found both of those threads very helpful when I first came here in December. One of them has been picked up a couple of more times and is now called "Kickin' the Ox", but the first ones I listed above have the most early withdrawal symptoms addressed going way back. The most recent thread has become more "social" but still contains some good withdrawal stories and advice.

I have read all of them, and I have written some of them. Perhaps start there. Asking questions on the "Kicking the ox part 3" thread will also get you some replies if you don't get many here.

One bit of advice though. On a recovery forum such as this one, smoking weed to get through withdrawal from another substance is a hotly debated issue, and one that is generally looked at as a pretty bad idea. You may get some responses on that note.

Good luck. Welcome to SR! You will find lots of support here.

FT
Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks I will check those out. Not thinking straight as an arrow, and thought about that after i made the thread but its really the only thing i got to take the edge off plus you dont get addicted to it, cant o/d from it (impossible), and it's natural =). Dont want to offend anyone, but its all i got!