Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

Anyone else with an agitated depression diagnosis?

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Just curious here, as it differs a good deal from the more standard type...I will go into more detail later, but I was curious. It also features a lot more anxiety, anger, and well, agitation...there is the hopelessness and such, but more with racing thoughts/insomnia, as opposed to lethargy, and being unable to get out of bed.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When my anti-depressants kicked in what disappeared was so much anger and rage. Suddenly I was a person who could decide what course to take when someone angered me instead of a person quick to lash out. My shrink said anger is part of depression.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Nope but I was diagnosed with Bipolar II because of my severe depression mixed with horrible agitation, anger, rage, anxiety, irritation, etc. Much different than your classic Bipolar.. But I wanted to let you know that someone else is out there reading your post and while our diagnosis' differ, our symptoms are eerily similar.

-Jess
Old 08-12-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Interesting....oddly, I responded horribly to a host of SSRIs and SNRIs, as well as atypical anti-psychotics. The worst thing I ever took was wellbutrin; Remeron did nothing but make me sluggish and blank. I take a very low dose of Klonopin now, partly for anxiety, but primarily for facial pain and tension, from clenching and muscle spasms from TMJ that even a mouthguard has been little more than a chew toy for!

But I am finding talk therapy very helpful, and one day hope to have one of those flotation/isolation tanks, I tried that once, and it was the most wonderful, relaxing thing ever...I'll have to elaborate, a bit later.