Notices

im in desperate need of help...

Old 07-31-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im in desperate need of help...

im in desperate need of help here so any dvice would be great.. i have been using pain pills for 6 years now... as of this moment im at my lowest dosage ever.. im down to about 30-45mgs of roxicet a day..like i said i have been addicted for going on 6 years now and im finally done with it. i cant loose anything else because of it and i dont want to mess up another relationship due to my problem... so i have to get offa these things.. does anyone have any advice they could give me to make the withdrawls any easier.. i get extreme restless legs and can never go to sleep if i dont have anything.. i want this to be over and i dont know what to do anymore. all of my money goes to it and i would one day like to start a familly. so if anyone could please help me with a wean down prossese and also somethings that would help with all of the syptoms im open to anything at this point.. please help me.. thanks to much in advance for any help given
-tyring to end my long term stuggle...
Old 07-31-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

first welcome to sr

Have you tired NA or AA? If not pick up the phone and get yourself to a meeting.

Addiction is too big to handle alone.

keep posting..k?
J
Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. There is a lot of good information from those of us who have gone through the same struggles as you posted out here. I read a lot of these when I was struggling back in January and found that so many of us same the same stories. Failed Taper has a lot of great posts on SR for the past 7 months or so about oxycodone recovery.
The restless legs is a big issue with most of us in the first week or so, sometimes longer. Hot baths, as hot as you can stand, really help relax. One would let me sleep a few hours and then it was back to the tub again - sometimes 3 or 4 times in one night in the beginning. I would just wet/soak my legs only to shorten the drying so I could fall into bed more quickly while the warmth was still in my legs. I also found tight knee socks helped me. Of course it was winter back then and I would wear two pair most times and not get too hot.
Most of also had sleep problems due to racing mind, hot and cold flashes, stomach/GI problems and the restless legs. The sleep issues seem to stay a problem the longest.
Some of us tapered and then quit, others just go straight to cold-turkey. Sounds as though you have been on a taper and now have to take the big step to quit. Takes courage, but you can do it. You have taken a big step by coming her and stating you want to stop.
I have been on the opiate roller coaster for many years and now clean and in recovery for a bit over 7 months. I have found that SR has really made a different to be in this effort as I never realized how many of us are in the same place, living the same lives and never knowing it. Many kindred spirits are here.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks to the both of you.. i have never tried Na or AA but i think its something that i need to look into.. i have tried to tapper down amny times before and have never suceeded, but this time im doing alot better... thanks for the advice about the RLS..hot baths are what i normally do so i guess im just going to keep at it.. i have been reading up here for awhile and it has helped me soo much and been very informative.. has anyone heard anything about the "Thomas recipie"??? and i know that i cant go cold turkey i have tried to many times before. what do you think is a good Mg to finally be done at? 5 or lower?? thanks again for all of the advice and support..
Old 08-02-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

Hi shoelover,

As you can see by my name, I also tried to taper off oxys without success. As to the Thomas recipe, it has been on here hundreds of times, but we aren't allowed to give you our approval on a method, doses, or anything like that.

I share your desire to avoid discomfort, but unfortunately, every method of reducing your pills eventually requires that you stop taking them at some point. No matter how low your last dose, you will probably have withdrawals. Here and there someone comes on shouting exuberant success with a given method, but the truth of the matter is that it is all individual. And yet, at some point, most of us seem to have some degree of suffering as we detox. For me, tapering amounted to just slow torture. I tried it many many times last year, and finally had to just go CT at the end of the year.

As to the Thomas method, my personal opinion is that you should use the "doctor method". I mean, you shouldn't try to self medicate, even in figuring out taper doses, you should really ask your doctor and request non addictive medications for withdrawal symptoms. Everything else is just a guessing game, no matter how much the "inventor" of the method tells you otherwise. I did my taper on my own, and failed. I did go cold turkey on my own also, but I had several doctors who had given me the go ahead to stop when I approached them the first few times I tried to taper off. That's probably the most important thing here, is to see to it that you are healthy. That way, any disturbing symptoms you may have can be chalked up as detox and not something else.

Read the other threads about withdrawing, and you'll learn a lot.

Good luck!

FT