Notices

Sick as a dog

Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick as a dog

Ugh...i have been sick as hell today. It takes alot of effort to even move. Ive thrown up a few times and the stomache cramps are worse today. My head keeps swimming with ways to get a script, but I gotta be honest I do not wanna go through this again. Thanks again to the poster her told me to get rid o wwf the pills because I would have taken a few this morning to stop this. I guess this is my punishment for allowing myself to get so bad off without tellin someone. Feel like the worst piece dirt that was ever created. Anyhow...day 2 and im sober feeling like a$$.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Good for you!

Can you even imagine how toxic opiates are if STOPPING them makes you this sick?

The first three days are by far the worst. After the first three days, you will starting noticing you are less sick. Expect body aches, stomach cramps, nausea, gas, sneezing, eyes watering, insomnia, crazy racing thoughts, and EXTREME lethargy. Maybe more.

This is detox, and to assist your body, drinks LOTS of fluids, eat soft foods, soups, whatever you can tolerate. Expect to feel sick this weekend. Your "addict brain" will be screaming at you in the middle of the night to DO SOMETHING -- which stands for "get me some pills!"

You're right -- you NEVER want to have to do this again. If you have real pain issues, they will feel worse now, too, which is another reason people cave. It ALL gets better. Right now, you have to go on faith of that, but truly "this too shall pass."

I hope you got your husband on your side, as this is no "flu" he's ever likely seen you have before.

FT
Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

CONGRATS Lynet! You are doing good I said the same thing on day 2 or 3, this is my punishment or I deserve this. I think I was so angry I snapped on someone here. Hang in there!!! Hugs
Old 07-08-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are doing great sweetie and I am SO proud of you for flushing the pills. Be kind to yourself and baby yourself and think of the bad symptoms as a GOOD thing. You just say to yourself. WOW! This means my body is healing...it is doing just what it is supposed to do. You may not feel like it for a couple of more days, but you are getting better by the second!

Awesome...you're a smart cookie and you deserve all the good that being sober brings. You deserve your recovery...as do we all.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lynet..............Good on you,Its Awesome,Brilliant,Fantastic,that you are Free from the slavery of Addictive Pills.
I have not been here for awhile,busy is my excuse.
Im one of the Old Timers............Im Many years Clean now from Alcohol and Pills.
I was on a Massive Dose of the Strongest Tranqualisers that Could be got for 20 years or More.I tried getting off them several times, no good ,But i kept trying because I knew they were Killing me..............not Curing me.
You can read my Story in Personal Stories.
Stick with the winners.......get yourself FTF support as soon as you can.
Meetings are your only way of staying Permantly Clean.
We all have to Change the way we Think and Act.

We are all here to help,Message me if there is anything you want to Know.
Cheers From the Emerald Isle.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you feel so badly Lynet.
Hope you'll feel better soon - don't hesitate to see a Dr if you feel concerned...

D