Notices

Cravings at the moment =c

Old 06-16-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cravings at the moment =c

I'm currently experiencing cravings for (any of the opiates) and whenever I get them it's way too easy to just say yes eventhough I'd rather be saying no.
It's not just that I take them whenever I get them...it's like I need something every night and have anxiety and can't sleep, can't concentrate, so I like the downers but I also enjoy psychs.

I mean I'm not doing anything too bad...alcohol, pot, opiates I guess is all. I just end up really needing something at night...really anything...I guess this isn't addiction because people who are addicted crave it all the time? I'm unsure...but it feels like it is, it's all the side effects but I'm fine during the day.

If this isn't addiction, what do you think it is?
Is there any advice you can give to prevent or ignore cravings.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you and FT find this Hippyfly

I think anything you need, and anything you can't stay off is at least a dependency, but if it's bought you here, in my experience it's more likely to be an addiction.

But either way it's a problem you need to address.

No matter what method you choose - AA, rehab, counselling - I think it boils down to this:

To recover I had to go to the ridiculous lengths I would to get high...and then go even further to stay clean and sober.

It's hard work & it involves a lot of changes in our lives - and thats why I recommend support, in whatever form you like.

I've never regretted giving up my old life tho
D
Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not again

Yup, what he said.

I am a year into this new life of mine, with nothing tangible/material to show for it and I couldn't be happier. What I do have is peace of mind coming from knowing that no matter what happens I will not smoke crack today, and that just thrills the crap outa me.

Larry
Old 06-17-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that's good, thank you for the advice