Notices

Miserable

Old 06-12-2011, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Miserable

I'm addicted to tramadol for the second time in my life and I'm slowly trying to wean off of it. It's been so horrible the past couple weeks. The depression is so bad that all I do is cry about everything I do. I'm not social anymore. I'd rather sleep then see my friends. I have to force myself to eat. I never thought it would be this hard. I'm getting into a doctor immediately, this just isn't bearable anymore.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope seeing the Dr will help Lauren
Keep posting here too!

D
Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck with that. I mean that honestly, I hear it is a bear. I wonder what the deal is with tramadol that gives people such problems. Because it doesn't have the psychological side does it? I mean, not buzz to crave... right? Just opiate receptors crying out for more juice?

Anyway, try to take it easy on yourself and follow the general advice you will get on here. WD is a rough ride in all its forms but you can get through it.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

I think when a drug "fits" the person's brain chemistry, and gives them that lovely feeling of "well-being", the damage is done. The so-called "soft drugs" can do it, like tramadol, and even other stuff like OTC sleep meds and cough medicine will do it for some. Any kind of drug that does that is dangerous.

What nobody seems to realize at the time, including me, is that the fake sense you get is not "well being" but an artificially inflated sense of euphoria that resembles "well being" but is NOT what our brains were ever intended to experience. It is not "normal" to feel euphoric all the time, and the natural bursts we get of it with endorphin spikes from running, a surprise happy event, or good chocolate (ha), are all spoiled once we find the fake euphoria that drugs give us. I mean, runners no longer get the endorphin rush that is natural to running, happy surprises don't do it like they used to, etc., because the drugs wreck that ability for us. At least after addiction sets in anyway.

That is why addiction is so complex. The drugs give us a taste of what it feels like to be mildly euphoric all the time. It becomes a "new normal" that cannot be sustained without the drug, and eventually the drug itself becomes unsustainable and starts turning on us, when adaptation, dependence, and then toxicity set in.

So, yeah, tramadol CAN do and DOES do all that to people who get addicted to it. Why the "fit"? I don't know.

FT