Notices

percocet/suboxone question

Old 05-21-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

percocet/suboxone question

This is my 22nd day without a percocet, problem is I feel like crap still without suboxone, my question - when i do suboxone is that like setting me back to day one? Because that's about how it feels. I thought suboxone was supposed to effect a different part of your brain, is this true?
Old 05-21-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

I don't believe taking a pill to stop taking a pill is any better, especially a highly addictive one that alters your mind. Only pills people like us should take are Flintstone vitamins!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yea, I mean I'm done taking everything altogether, just wondering if I screwed up my recovery process. I mean, have I stimulated the same chemicals in my brain by doing the suboxone?
Old 05-21-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you working out Rambo? Eating right? And remember, they drew first blood!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is day 22 for me too I believe!
Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

lol, thanks I needed that. I was working out but when I feel like this I'm just not motivated, I can get about a mile then run out of energy. I tried to go today and made it about a quarter mile, it's really tough.

That's cool it's day 22 for you too but I don't think I can call it day 22 since I did the subs, I feel like it's day 1 again.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

This is day 93 for myself!!!!

There is a suboxone thread, go post your questions on that thread. Maybe you'll get the answers you are needing.

Yawl hang in there. It only gets better and easier with each day clean.

TOD
Old 05-22-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Biochem degree + opiate recover here...

Suboxone basically blocks the opiate receptors in your brain. Meaning if you take any oxycodone you won't get high.

Oxycodone half life is 3-4 hours or so and suboxone is a day or 2. That's why tapering from suboxone is "easier". Your body doesn't go through withdrawals as fast. I never had success with it though but I knew some who have.

So to answer your question, it doesn't take you back to day 1, if this is what will work for you. The main thing is making sure you become dependent on it. One of my best friends and I had the same addiction, I went CT he did subs and it helped him. He told me, "The best way to go about it is to not take it unless you are at the breaking point. Eventually you'll go through days where you don't need anything."

Hope this helps and good luck,
Tool
Old 05-22-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Tool,

Glad to see you here again. I was not here when you left, but I've been here since mid December.

Now you can do some of the "heavy lifting" answering a lot of the biophysiology questions, the answers to which do not always come quickly to my mind. I have to dig out the medical books, and I am known to hit the medical research journals so I will be accurate.

I look forward to more of your posts!

FT