My Recovery Prayer

Old 05-19-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dbh

My Recovery Prayer

Good Morning,

After a long sabbatical, I'm dusting off my recovery books and getting ready to start up my Step Work again. I'm currently working on Step 4.

This morning while I was driving, I was praying to my HP about all the things I hope to accomplish.

Decided to put my prayer into word.

Does anyone else have a recovery prayer?

Thanks for letting me share.

db

==================

Dear HP,

Please give me the strength, courage, and conviction to truly recover from my past.

Help me be a good mother, wife, friend, daughter, and sister. I want to be emotionally available to my children. I want to stop shutting down and tuning out when life gets too hard for me. Help me stop blaming my husband for my own shortcomings and help me be more of a partner in our marriage. I know that he loves me and I have to stop making him prove it on a regular basis.

Please help me accept others for where they are. Help me learn not to judge and to realize that everyone is directing themselves on their own life journey. Help me remember that when I try to fix others or tell them what they should be doing, I am actually disrespecting them and their ability to make their own decisions.

Help me accept myself for where I am and not constantly evaluate where I think I should be. Please help me not look at every mistake that I make as proof that I am flawed, broken, and not smart enough.

Please help me learn to set boundaries. I want to be able to speak up for myself and take care of me. I want to feel strong, confident, and just as worthy to be here as everyone else on the planet. Help me learn that it’s okay to have disagreements and opinions that differ from others. Please teach me to walk away from unhealthy situations and people. Also guide me when I should stay and try to work things out. I so badly want to learn these skills, not only for me but so that I can model this behavior for my children.

Help me learn to consistently take care of myself – in mind, body, and spirit. Guide me to choose healthy ways to handle negative emotions - mindless eating, isolating, shutting down, watching bad TV, and obsessively working on the computer does not positively contribute to my wellbeing.

Lastly, after learning to accomplish all this, please help me find a way to share my recovery with others so that they too can lead the life that they always wanted to have.

Thank you for all that you have given me and for having faith in me even when I didn’t believe in you.

Amen!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Amen....