Notices

6 months and crushing it...

Old 05-17-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

6 months and crushing it...

Six months coming up and on the anniversery of my last pill I will be running a 5k race. I have four 5K races planned and a 10k this summer. Was about 208 lbs at the end of using the oxy and out of shape, now I am a nice ripped up 181. I can see my abs again and I can lift as much weight as ever!

CFC, I had a huge NIT softball tournament and went 5 and 0 and won it.

Things are great, I feel great....physically and mentally. I even got my friend who was bad on them (worse than me) to quit and yesterday he went to the gym with me for the first time in two years.

6 months and I kicked the crap out of this thing. But honestly, it never stood a chance and I told everyone here that since week 2.

Many of my doubters here became supporters. Many people have found encouragement and motivation from me and appreciate all those PMs guys and girl. People began to realize that I wasn't BSing and I wasn't just typing to type....I meant what I was saying. It was to the point, no nonsense and old fashioned and it worked.

To this day, NO ONE will ever quit with out good old WILL POWER! Find support too (the gym, SR, NA, AA) if you want, but bottom line is buckle down and do it!

I can't wait fr this summer!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Right ON Juiceman!

Keep kickin' it dude!

FT
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rock and roll man! Thats great. Thats even great you got your buddy to quit as well! Good deal!

Stay strong bud!

-Ryan
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CP Patient turned addict

Truly awesome. I wish I had the motivation and drive that you do. I know its down in there somewhere, but i feel as though I either live with my neck pain or with the oxy problem. So Im not sure what to do at this point. But I hope to one day soon be able to come and have a post like this. Hopefully they fix my neck and I can move on and start my life over again, and not make the mistakes ive made. Congrats buddy...Im so happy for you and have been able to feel your optimism through all your posts. Im sure you have instilled confidence in many posters on this board...please dont stop. You are helping lots of people through their own issues. Probably many more then you know, and many more that just read and dont post. You've got a wonderful attitude about life...and i for one, appreciate it.

Chris
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

thank you as you truly just made my day! Good luck!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

Juice! Well done buddy! That's a nice start to the softball season! We had an ump that was calling 20ft high pitches strikes last night, brutal! Still only 1 loss in 2 leagues though. I'm doing the opposite of you, I lost a lot of weight, got real skinny while using. Was at 192 when I quit, weighed in this morning at 202! Need to get to 215 by July 22nd! Crazy how much better life is without that crap, like you, I see a promotion in the not too distant future! Will be changing my name to MSGAmerica! That's Master Sergeant E-8 to those that don't know Not even sure why we count days anymore, the battle has been won!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by SgtFCAmerica View Post
Juice! Well done buddy! That's a nice start to the softball season! We had an ump that was calling 20ft high pitches strikes last night, brutal! Still only 1 loss in 2 leagues though. I'm doing the opposite of you, I lost a lot of weight, got real skinny while using. Was at 192 when I quit, weighed in this morning at 202! Need to get to 215 by July 22nd! Crazy how much better life is without that crap, like you, I see a promotion in the not too distant future! Will be changing my name to MSGAmerica! That's Master Sergeant E-8 to those that don't know Not even sure why we count days anymore, the battle has been won!

I agree, i won this war on day ONE. Was it hard for a bit? Sure? But there are a lot of things in life that are tough. Its how you handle them that seperates a winner and a loser. I could go buy 100 percocets right now and say "life was hard, my girlfriend left me, etc...so I had no choice." Well, no matter how hard things get, every addict has a choice. I hate when people say they don't.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good stuff juice! I stopped 6 months today and I've done things with my life that I never thought were imaginable. Keep it up!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Solid work, juiceman.

I had over 2 months clean and then slipped up for a few days.

No excuses....an old bud came back to town and I never told him I quit. He had some, we hung out, you all know how it goes.

That said....after that I got right back in my horse and kept riding....no reason to beat myself up over it and get all upset. I did it, it wasn't worth it, and I keep moving forward. I had the chance to get more and I turned it down.

I'm back and have been clean again for 10 days.

I'll look at the positives and not the negatives.

I've been clean for all but 2 days in March, April, and May.

I'm not the kind of person to beat myself up over something like that, instead I am choosing to focus that energy on getting out and getting exercise and staying clean.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Servant of God

Your fire is your best friend man. Don't ever lose it because it's hard to regain. Passion can be the difference to get you to better places.

I look at it a little different than the battle being won on day one though. For me, something just clicked for me where I whole-heartedly, and without hesitation, knew that I was done with drugs forever. The drugs just had to kick my as$ long enough to show me that they were worthless. A feeling I will never forget.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

wow I wish I could lose weight like that and get in shape, accept i gained weight when i quit using.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on 6 months Juiceman

D