Notices

Life is too short to be small...

Old 05-10-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

Life is too short to be small...

Almost to the 2 week mark, pretty awesome!!! About to head to the gym, July 22nd is quickly approaching! Things could not be better! Also, I've never seen my wife this happy, if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is!! With that said, Everyone, off the coach, get down in the "front leaning rest position" and knockout 20 Push ups!!!! You can thank me later!

Cap - Freedom Isn't Free -
Old 05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hiya Cap-

I love your title. Life is way to short to be small and I hate myself when I'm acting small.

Nice reminder.

I'm going home to run as far as I can.

Kjell~
Old 05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

im creeping up on my 1 week mark and im looking at my husband and kids through new eyes, a new life has begun!!! good on you SGT
Old 05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's what i like to hear!!!! Who's fired up!??!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello SgtFC:

I'm a 100% DAV. I want be doing any pushups, situps or running two miles, EVER AGAIN! LOL But I am a busy person. Having over 22 spoiled animals will keep you busy. But I do have a retired Army DI friend. He has had multiple back surgeries and is now over 90 days off the opiates. Gotten a full time job and is back to exercising again.

So we can live and survive off the opiates. We just have to set our mind in that mind frame and stick with it. It's hard in the beginning, because, well, we just spent so much time in a fog. We didn't think life would be any good w/o our FEEL good pills. Well, we were WRONG! I laugh more now. I smile more now. I love more now. I'm more aware of things now. I can get more done now. I could go on and on, but I'm sure ya'll are starting to feel what I'm feeling, being off the opiates for 80 days now.

Best wishes to all.

TOD
Old 05-11-2011, 04:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Two weeks is great! Takes allot... nice work! I'm approaching one month this Friday. Funny thing is I got a real bad cold on Monday and have been sick for a few days but it actually felt good to have a "normal" sickness and after a day and a half I was much better. Strange how that works. I'm glad to see all of you getting out and living life in a positive manner. Keep on keepin' on!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your a funny guy I love the enthusiasm. I think if I was still new you might bug me but I'm not so it doesn't. Whatever works for you keep up the good work
Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Man, I am hitting the gym 4-6 days a week hard, playing league ball 3 nights a week and tournament ball! I am as active as ever and I LOVE IT! Plus my career is going awesome and working hard with that. Nice raise this year, bought a new house, so basically, pills are garbage and I will never touch them again.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have softball tonight, cannot wait. Bad news.... Best friend (GREAT player) separated his shoulder last Sunday playing CO-ED of all things!! Guys like us only know 1 speed, GO 100%, I feel really bad for him. We wait all damn winter for this now he's probably done for year. Now who am I going to compete with for our team HR title :/
Old 05-12-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by SgtFCAmerica View Post
I have softball tonight, cannot wait. Bad news.... Best friend (GREAT player) separated his shoulder last Sunday playing CO-ED of all things!! Guys like us only know 1 speed, GO 100%, I feel really bad for him. We wait all damn winter for this now he's probably done for year. Now who am I going to compete with for our team HR title :/
Yeah I was talking about how great I felt before my Tuesday game and how healthy I was and then 2nd play of the game I dive for a ball at ShortStop and turn my thumb over. Its swollen and bruised but oh well. I'm still playing tonight and have a big tourny this weekend in Syracuse.