Notices

switching forums

Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

switching forums

I have been posting in the family & friends sections - but I have realized maybe this is the home for me as well. After all the denial left.

I went into recovery for the first time when I was 20. I was a heavy closet drinker - a few years before that I had put down the habit of huffing.

I was clean until my early 30's when after the death of my daughter, I started drinking again. I cleaned up again that was about 3 years ago about the time I started my up and down roller coaster life with AB.

Before he ever moved in -I made it clear no drugs or alcohol. Needless to say he was an oxy and Xanax user. For two years I kept myself clean.

Then I began using. My EXCUSE cause it made it easier to deal with his using.

2 months ago AB went thru the withdrawals from heavy everyday use of pills- and had moved to pot and weekend use of the oxys. This week he started using every day again.

I realized, I guess a better word is accepted, that my sobriety had been compromised. I had to stop again.

Although it has been a week since my own use, 5/7/2011 is the day I put myself first again.

Thankfully I don't have the withdrawals to go thru
Old 05-07-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. I find the Substance Abuse section to be the most helpful for my addiction. I'm sure you will find it helpful to you as well.

Sounds like a tough situation with your AB, but you're right on the ball with verbalizing the fact that you are now putting yourself first.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Welcome to this side I have found these forums to be very helpful and supportive in my recovery as well. Glad that you are here with us! Congrats on your week Sounds like you have a great attitude - putting yourself first Sounds like you are in a very complicated possibly toxic situation with your ab, I hope you can figure things out, best wishes to you. Looking forward to hearing more from you...

-Jess