Notices

Fired up!!!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

Fired up!!!

Today is a great day to be an American. I have been on this site many times since I first realized I was addicted to those little damn pills. Today is the 1st day of my official status in this little club!! Quick little rundown of my past. 3 1/2 years ago, moved from Minneapolis to San Diego, thought I'd try something new. 6 months in, met a friend who introduced me to those wonderful little bastards. Fast forward, realized there was a problem, who would have thought. Quit for 1st time in November. A month later I thought I could "control it" (yeah right!), and started up again. March 1st, moved back to Minneapolis with a beautiful California bride As of April 29th, 2011 I am clean and doing great. I know how painful a ride it's been for most, but I can honestly say I feel great, at about 87.8%. Been hitting the gym (back on my Captain America Regimine), playing softball with the boys and most importantly, I have the love of my life interested in me again. I know we all have our own ways of doing this, for me, it was looking in the mirror and saying "enough is enough, I'm better than this." I know this part of my life will always be in the back of my mind, but I WILL NOT GO BACK TO IT, that's the promise I've made to myself. Each step I take, each minute that passes, I just ask myself "What would Captain America do?"

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - "No, you move." - Captain America
Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Garden Variety Addict

Sharing your experience is great. Interjecting politics is not. You might want to read the forum rules; there is no political idealogy allowed.

Still, let me say welcome to SR
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Keep sharing your experiences, I find I'm like an onion, I peel a layer by talking about it here and then I find another layer that needs work so welcome to the JOURNEY of recovery, I'm glad that some of your issues are getting straightened out and your zest for life is returning. Recovery is wonderful, it's a rollercoaster sometimes but it is good to be awake, aware and rational and lastly yeah having some peace.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hate to tell you, but none of that is "Political Ideology". My apologies if quoting a Comic Book Character offended you... You may want to learn what political ideology is. I have expressed NO views of political, social, cultural or economic policy. I have simply quoted the Captain as he was explaining that you should stand up for what YOU believe is right, no matter what it is. I understand that to some, America, is a dirty word, but to others it means freedom, courage and liberty for all.

Thanks for the welcome though
Old 05-05-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Meditation! Well said, all around, couldn't agree more!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

One more thing.... I promise, you will get NO politcal arguements out of me!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Sgt. Good for you!

PS: I can't detect anything about your politics, other than a love for your country and for Marvel comics. Maybe Melissa's more of a DC Comics gal?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Servant of God

Originally Posted by MelissaNoDrugs View Post
Sharing your experience is great. Interjecting politics is not. You might want to read the forum rules; there is no political idealogy allowed.

Still, let me say welcome to SR

It's a comic book character.

Btw...love the sig.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Yeah you may run into that "issue" quite a bit with certain people on this site. Oh well, we are the strong and the positive! Move forward and only look back to remind you how sh1tty it was in that place! You have similar outlooks to me and I love it.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Servant of God

CaptianA, I think it's great that you are feeling good and are ready to do this. Your tone indicates that you are convinced which I think is great. Were you always this upbeat and boisterous? What caused you to use and feel that you have problem in the first place? I ask because your transition here seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Everyone handles withdrawal differently I suppose but I wouldn't be surprised if your days get more difficult down the line. I'm not trying to cast a negative but I'm attempting to get you to be introspective right now. I would try to stay in the moment but I would suggest having a plan for when you don't feel so great. Not that I can, but would like to try to save you some possible, future trouble.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

I was very upbeat before I used and I just gt in over my head. I love his attitude, because that's how I decided to quit. It was "I'm quitting so give me all u got, because I am stronger than this!" It works because even in the hard times I knew I wasn't going to lose. It was hard, but nothing could stop me.

Now I love life again and I'm more upbeat than ever. Sports, gym, friends, girls (lol), etc. Love it!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Why did I start... Had them before for certain legitimate things, liked them, but never thought of going out of the way to get them. One day a friend offered, think it was a brown 20 mg OC. Honestly, I was so naive, I didn't know or believe in the addiction. A few times I stopped, got sick, thought it was the flu!! Truth be told, didn't have any reason to quit, work was fine, everything else was good. But the further you go, the worse it gets. I realized that I "needed" them, soon as I woke up, before I went to sleep. I had a few very good connections, but would burn threw them. 2 weeks ago I ate 120 5 mg roxis in 4.5 days. I actually didn't like those as much, they're only 4.45 mg of OC. How crazy is that!! Anyway, I have always been a high speed, confident (some would say cocky ) guy. I don't like defeat. I've never had any emotional problems are anything like that. I know I don't have it as difficult as some. I am truly blessed, and don't mean to make light of anyones recovery. Just that so many on here talk about how difficult it is, it can be very discouraging for anyone wanting to quit. Just want to put it out there thats it's not always that bad for everyone. I also know that it's a long road ahead and there will be some trying times. One thing that I also have in my corner is this site and all you awesome people!! Hope that all made sense, typing a book on an iPad, not easy!!

Cap says "eat your vegetables"
Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Everyone chill please....here is the SR Rule..

2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose.

English is the language required on SR.....so please remove or translate
"Haz o no hagas. No existe intentar!" Maestro Yoda
thank you.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

SgtFCAmerica.....Welcome to our recovery community ...

Good to know you are doing well...
Congratulations on your recent marriage....
Old 05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol! Btw, haz o no hagas... Means "do or do not, there is no try" more fun in espanol!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by SgtFCAmerica View Post
Thanks Carol! Btw, haz o no hagas... Means "do or do not, there is no try" more fun in espanol!
Love it. Look back at many of my threads. People will get on you a bit like they do me becasue i have used that same line many TIMEs!

Do or do not, there is no try.

Thats exactly what it comes down to!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Took your advice Juice, read your old threads. Have to say, I'm very much looking forward to being able to go back and see my path to 100%. Can't sleep at all right now, sucks. No depression though, couldn't imagine that. OC 80s, my old personal fav, nicknamed them Green Monsters, fitting! One real help for me is that I know no one here that holds or uses, all back in Cali. All I have here is an awesome family and awesome friends (like you, they have no clue). The only one that knows is my wife, any longer and her bags would have been packed!! We are one in the same bro, I bet you never would have thought in a million years this could happen to YOU! Playing tonight, couldn't believe how much fun it was. Excited to play golf sober for a change, had my handicap down to 12 with a pocket full of pills, wonder how I'll play sober, been a loooooong time!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Servant of God

Lol...I played my first round without drugs two days ago. Still an 8. The first few drives were rough on the body. I used to take one on the way to the course, one after a couple range balls and another on the #9 tee box...no variations.

A few extra warm-ups, some stretching and aleive helped me. Consult your Dr. before taking anything though.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

8?? Damn, would love to get to single digits!! For the record, SFC America doesn't need drugs... Drugs need SFC America! All seriousness though, mine wasn't a pain thing, it was a "ooh, this is kinda cool" thing. Gonna start swinging the clubs in a few weeks. Just started lifting again, so I'm pretty sore everyday, have to wait for that to wear off otherwise I'll just hit like crap and get angry! What kind of clubs do you play with? Titleist AP1 irons, Vokey wedges, and a D2 driver. I like Titleist, what can I say? Wedges are old, thinking about some new ones, maybe the new TM's. Also, still haven't gotten into the hybrid clubs, may just stick with Titleist, what do you think? Wait a sec, does that count as asking for medical advice? Golf is like therapy!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Servant of God

Golf pissed me off...AP 2's, clev cg16 black pearl wedges, R9 supertri TP w/stiff Aldila RIP, oddy white ice mallet...

I would go for Burner 2.0's but irons are quirky to me...don't fix if not broke

Last edited by FNB3; 05-06-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Add