Notices

when will the better times start

Old 05-04-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy when will the better times start

I am one month and 4 days off opiates and still not having aggod time. Still struggling with anxiety, depression, and not wanting to do anything, will this get better, head kind of still feels crazy, getting headaches, and lots of muscle tension, hoping with all my heart this will go away. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks sg2
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi sickgirl,

You are doing GREAT being off for over a month! Congrats to you for that. That is NO small feat, seriously.

A month into recovery is too soon to expect to feel good. It took me two weeks just to feel "not sick," and then the crapass way I felt just lingered and lingered, with episodes of worse days that made me feel like I was doing it all over again.

The good news is that it does get better and better. I am creeping up on 5 months clean, and it has only been in the past month that I have started to feel like someone who never used opiates. That stuff is really toxic, and it takes your body time to regain its equilibrium.

Google Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, but don't let the timelines scare you. I feel better than the websites tell me I should be feeling, and you probably will too.

Stay strong, this is worth it. I say that with all sincerity and caring for how you are feeling.

FT
Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It only gets better.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

oh my gosh, thank you so much for the reply, i feel so scared about this, today it feels like the first day of w/ds, told my husb, i wasnt getting better, he is so supportive and keeps reassuring me, and i hope you will keep in contact also, I cant sent pm's til i get 25 post, kind of feel stupid just trying to come up with something new to say about my problems on this stuff, thank you again for replying to me it really helps me to try to stay focused about this
Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh latte, thank you so much for the reply. I just feel like **** today, and just told failedtaper that i thought i was going backward instead of forward. both of you have been so consoleing to me. This is a hellish journey. The mind sure does play tricks on me. Again thank you so much for your kindness, I am keeping in there
Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Sickgirl - Hang in there, girl. Congrats on your month and 4 days - that is incredible and inspiring!!

It is not easy and we all have those $hit days...the emotional part after kicking opiates has always been the hardest for me to deal with next to the lack of sleep. You can do this, we're rooting for you. Keep posting, we'll be here for you.

-Jess
Old 05-04-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you so much for the caring words. Means everything to me
Old 05-05-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey there Sick. I have 1 month and 2 days off the oxy ride to hell. I have been wondering the same thing myself. I STILL don't sleep for crap, no energy, and my brain is just mush. I'm here with you. We'll just have to ride it out together. Don't give in and I won't either. We can do this. I guess it's just like everything else in life. If it was easy, then everyone would do it. Hang in there. We'll get through it.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

harley thank you so much, everyday I think is one step closer to beign better, but it is still the pits,please keep in touch and thank you very much for responding to me
Old 05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Hey Harley - good to see you post! Congrats on your 1 month and 2 days - that is awesome!!! How is everything going for you?

Sickgirl - How are you feeling today? I know it's still hard and it is the pits esp. in the beginning, just know that it can only continue to get better.. You don't ever, ever have to go thru this crap again. Stay true to yourself and keep posting Glad you are here with us...If you ever need a friend to talk to, feel free to PM me b/c I know what you are going thru right now. *hug*

-Jess
Old 05-05-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there sickgirl, it gets better. It's amazing how long it takes the body to fully recover from opiate addiction, but it does.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey there I Live For You, I am hanging in there still fighting the good fight. I'm back home now so I can go ride my bikes when I get antsy. How are you doing?
SIckgirl, I have good days and bad days myself. The bad ones still outweigh the good ones, but this too shall pass for us. It's nice to talk to someone who is at the same point as me. What were taking? If I may be so bold as to ask. I was eating 10-20, 30mgs oxycodone pills a day. By the bucketfull, pretty smart huh? I did that for a year, so I guess it's gonna take my brain a while to get itself straightened out. Hang in there and we'll get through it all. Have a great day!