# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Henhouse talk with all our friends, part 13

continues from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-12-a-20.html

D
Old 04-29-2011, 01:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If anyone hears/talks to etc. northbelle, let her know I've been thinking of her.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Latte))) - will certainly do so...she still pops in, every now and then.

Ended up having conversations with dad (by phone) and stepmom (by phone as she was at a friends) and though no boundaries were crossed, I just felt like **** when they were through. It's like I told dad "you're right, she's right, you're wrong, she's wrong...depending on the situation. That I want to be supportive, but I'm exhausted, I'm stressed, and I just feel like giving the f up (I'm not..don't worry).

Couldn't concentrate on my school stuff, which is putting me down to the wire to get it done by Sunday night, as I'm working tonight and tomorrow. Took my meds and went to sleep. Woke up early (after having a dream about Brit) and finally got back to sleep with Elvis snuggled on my pillow with me.

I can see it's going to get worse before it gets better. I do intend on telling them that if there is any chance of having me testify in the divorce, they may want to reconsider that. There is abuse, of one kind of another, on both sides, and I'm not lying in a court of law, no matter how much I love them.

I also told dad how I felt when Brit came here, the other night...fear and apprehension. I made it VERY clear that anyone ever hits me in this house (hasn't happened, but has come close from him and her, though not from him in a long time) that I will call the cops. The last time he got so angry at me, he went out and took a walk.

Still not in such a good frame of mind, though I'm very aware of all that I have to be grateful for. I'm going to work, hoping for a good night and maybe another nose kiss from a dog or some cute kids to talk to One couple always comes in there with their baby (I remember when she was pregnant) and the baby watches me the whole time I'm there. If one comes in without her, I ask "where's my baby?!?!" Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll come in.

Gotta love recovery....even when I feel like I'm drowning, I can see the life preservers in my reach and I'm willing to swim toward them

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-29-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A new phenomenon has occured here in Ohio. It's called the Big Bright Light in the Sky! It's nice and warm and inviting! Put a smile on my face for sure. LOL
*HUGS* Thinking of my friends on SR.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here we go again! A new chapter! Better put a post here, so I'm not bouncing between the two pages. LOL

I had someone tell me today. There was this tractor store down the road that sells bags of hay. Oh REALLY! I need to go check this out. She had also said they have baby chickens in house. Oh NO! Not good for me to be around.

Of course we get there and I head straight to the babies. Two of them were in bad shape. I talked the guy into giving them to me. I called the lady that told me about the hay to tell her I might have two babies for her sons. Since they wanted a couple anyway. Unfortunately! One has already died. The other one has a leg problem. I feel it will be okay with some TLC. I'm going to contact my guy with the hatchery to see if I can get a baby to go with this one. They don't like being alone. They'll peep forever.

I actually sweet talked Maria into putting it under her wing for right now. Hubby is amazed she is doing this. I frankly am to. We'll see how long it last's. LOL She's never raised chicks before. But has set on dummy eggs twice. If she'll accept this baby. She can raise it and the other one I plan on getting for the next two months. I want have to.

The woman's son was at another feed store later on the same day and there was a baby with problems there too. He picked it up and showed it to an employee. The employee took it and put it back in with the others. Some ppl just don't have a heart with these babies.

There was a story where a hatchery killed 400,000 baby chicks, because they filed bankruptcy. The employee's were crying as they dumped the chicks in buckets of water to drown or buckets outside in the snow to freeze to death. There were chicks just starting to hatch out of eggs in the groups being dumped. I believe it was in Russia or Germany. I had tears running down my cheeks too, while reading the story. It can be googled under: Baby chicks being killed.

TOD
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - sorry, but I can't read or watch anything about animals dying. Anytime the commercials come on TV about abused animals, I either hit the mute button and don't watch, or change the channel until it's over. Reading about all the victims of the recent tornadoes has been pretty tough, too.

Sorry that the one died, but glad that Maria is taking care of the other one (((Litehorse))) had the round bale of hay...she said the square ones are easier to deal with, but more expensive.

(((CQ))) - Anvilhead/Tess is about the same way when she sees sunshine (which isn't often in Seattle). She's like "there's this big orange thing in the sky and it feels warm? They've had something like 3 sunny days this YEAR? I would go crazy out there.

Work went good, quite busy for a while. D is going home to Louisiana in 14 days She said she wants to be around her family again. I told her whatever is best for her and her girls, go for it but I'll miss her. BIG difference from when we were arguing all the time.

Had a good crew, have 17 new hires, and as usual, they aren't being trained worth a damn. I was GLAD to go to front counter, after 2 hours of nonstop in DT by myself, and even volunteered to clean the dining room a few times. I think I was just grateful that I was doing my job, helping others, cutting up with the kids and getting out of my head. As I drove home, I said "thank you for the good day".

I talked to dad, earlier on the phone, and all is cool. Stepmom has the kitchen all cleaned up and I told her it looked nice. Gotta a ton of studying to get to, so am about to get to it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-29-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Okay, so I'm double posting again, but WTH?

Just had a lightbulb moment. I do this thing with Elvis, where I ask him "do you KNOW who all loves you?" and go through the list (mostly SR, but also family)...uncle Dee, uncle Jay, auntie TOD, auntie Lee, etc. It's a pretty long list.

As I sat back at my desk, I realized that all the people who love HIM love me, too. Okay, so I knew this, but I didn't get it until now? I know that doesn't even make sense, but it is what it is. Maybe it's just a reminder, but it honestly feels like HP smacked me upside the head and said "would you SEE what you have?" just when I needed it.

I'm a bit teary-eyed with gratitude, feeling like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and Elvis is like a purring puddle of syrup in my lap.

Back to studying

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy

Last edited by Dee74; 04-29-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just checking in to let all know I'm still here and kicking. Still working way too hard, but in my down time I'm reading a book by a certain Profane Hen author and am really enjoying it!

TOD, love hearing the chick stories.

Amy, yes you are loved by many! Sometimes we lose touch with things that are so important, don't we?

Jay, your photos are breathtakingly beautiful! I hope you are doing well.

CQ, here comes the sun,,,it's alright. : )

Lenina, Med, Dee and all others, I send big hugs.

Love~40
Old 04-30-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Not much new here, survived the storms, spent all of Wednesday night in a downstairs bathroom, cowering from the storms. Hubby has some pretty bad hail damage to his car and other than a couple limbs down and lots of naked trees, foilage on the ground, we got thru this one. In all the surrounding counties around me though this tornado storm was just devastating. There is no where to run when these things come along. I got married in Ringgold Ga and it's devastated now. The town I used to live in is shattered, it's just so very sad.

I'm just weary of all these disasters, but thankful my family and home are ok, just sad for others who lost so much.

It amazes me, I just drove thru Tuscaloosa last May, stopped for food and gas, unreal!

I don't know much else, I enjoyed Jay's bird photos, beautiful! Amy,hope all is well your way, the job sounds a bit better. Hope Brit never comes back to bother you. Yes! You can now paint that BR any color you want!
TOD, it is sad about those baby chicks. I hate to see things killed.
Glad you got thru the storms okay too.

40T hey there, I will have to find out what the title of that book is so I can read it too. Glad to see you.

Lenina, hope you're feeling better. Hugs. Are you kitties keeping you company?

Much love to CQ, Dee, and Kelsey I am thinking about all of you all the time.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((40)))) - good to see you!!

(((Med)))) - Ringgold is where stepmom and her first husband were married, too. I'm glad you didn't get hit with the tornadoes, but sorry about the hail damage. You're right...there's nowhere to run when this stuff comes, or at least not out here...out in the country.

Work IS going better, other than the a/c not working. PLEASE tell me I'll lose weight by sweating to death? Looked like a dog hanging my head out the window to catch a breeze. Mrs P came in, was IN my DT area fixing something and never once corrected me or said I did anything wrong..pretty amazing.

Brit had moved back in with the ex-friend, B, the crazy one and B's mom P, when she and J broke up, but they're back together (yeah, I know...sounds crazy). Anyway, P had been on methadone for opiate addiction after surgeries, or back pain or something for quite a while...Brit and B were trying to talk stepmom into going on it way back when SHE was doing so bad.

P OD'd Thu. night, went to the hospital and is now in rehab. Brit is back at bf and his parents, without any of her clothes, as B refuses to give them to her. Bf's mom told her "you KNEW she was crazy, and you chose to go over there". I like bf's family...they don't play the "poor me" game, tell it like it is and they do adore Brit (they never see her bad side).

Brit had texted me when the OD happened, but I was asleep and didn't see it until the next evening (I rarely text, so pay no attention to it)..she had wanted me to wake up stepmom and have her call her. I feel bad, told stepmom to tell her that I was asleep and didn't see the text.

Yeah, I haven't been talking to her, but I would have then. I guess it was meant to happen, though...she had to go through it the best way she could. She didn't call here, as she didn't know if dad was home and asleep, so she did show courtesy.

(((Lenina))) - are you feeling ANY better? I really hate that you're so run down, and was hoping you'd be seeing signs of improvement by now. I was telling Mots that I was going to call your house and let him talk to FuzzyB since they both seem to be chatterboxes. Wouldn't you love to know what kind of conversation they would have

Time to check a few more posts, then get back to studying and finish this darned chapter.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

We are getting heavy rain here now. But nothing severe! Most of the state is under a Tornado watch! Lot's of flood warnings! We did lose two of our popup tents we use for chicken pens. That's a loss of $200.00. Aluminum frames don't do too well in winds blowing against them.

Hubby is holding the baby with the sore leg. It's tucked in a dish towel, stuck inside his shirt up against his very Italian hairy chest. LOL But it's happily peeping. It's very warm, hears us talking and is up against a beating heart. The two new babies we picked up today are under Little Maria. Maria wants to mother them, until she comes to her senses and steps up on her ice pack, looks down at them and blinks, "What was I thinking"! LOL

I keep working with the baby that has the sore leg. I can get her to walk backwards, but going forward is a no no as far as she's concerned. If only I had a small toy with wheels I could sit her in, she could really move along. I put a Silkie Rooster in a baby dolls stroller years ago with a bum leg. He'd use his good leg to scoot along. I'd bring him in at night. I had a clothes basket, with a basket ball net draped over it. I'd sit him down in it, with the net supporting his weight. He'd get them legs to going at top speed in that basket. He just couldn't put any weight on his leg.

I have all sorts of tricks I do for my chickens when they need extra help. I try to doctor them and care for them until I know there's no hope for recovering. Then we either put them down or let them die on their own. It's usually the latter. I've given them Nyquil towards the end to help them with their pain. To me and my husband, they are like little ppl in feather suits. So we treat them as such.

Normally I've got at least one of these silkie hens setting at all times. But OH NO! Now when I need one to play momma!!! None of them want anything to do with these babies. Eythel walks away from them, Morgan pecks their little heads, Molly flares up at them, you already know what Maria does with them. Lucy is like, NOT ME, so we have no more silkie hens to try with them. I guess I'm playing momma for a while. Geessh!!

Hello Meditation!!! Glad to know you didn't have more storm damage than you got.

Hello 40T!! Give us an update on the book reading. Glad you are enjoying the chicken stories. You ought to be on this end of them!!! LOL

Hello CQ!! When I first read your Big Bright Light in the sky? I was thinking it was a spot light. LOL I was gonna ask you if it had bat wings in the center of it and if you were coming to the rescue!!!

Kelsey: I already know what you're up to! Playing dress up! I hope you had a fun filled time.

Amy: Hugs and cheers your way always!! Start using Corn Starch for powder. It will help keep you drier. Plus it's cool when you put it on. I use it a lot.

fs101 - Jay - Dee - TB - all other AWOL folks! Best of wishes of good dreams for ya'll.

TOD
Old 04-30-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Monkey

TOD checked in for me but here's my checkin in.....and it wasn't dress up....ill swear its photoshoped til the day I die!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Kelsey: LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LAIR!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Monkey

K the dress was legit but it wasn't because I was bored, it was for a wedding.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Kelsey))) - good to see you checking in So, apparently I got a bit dehydrated with all the sweating, as am having muscle cramps...like in my left hand, and that's NOT good when I need to type my notes in.

Am drinking gatorade zero. Water goes through me just a little too fast, and that's no fun. Elvis and Mots just had a disagreement...barely 10 lb Elvis compared to 30+ pounds Mots. Elvis usually rules.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-30-2011, 10:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: Doctor Silkie Momma was taught in the ARNG! If you are dehydrated, take a packet of salt and eat it. It helps to normalize your system.

TOD
Old 04-30-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yeah, I remember we had to take salt tablets when I was in band camp in high school and we were out marching in the scorching heat. I'm a salt-aholic...had my french fries smothered in it on the way home, have what's left of the chicken that Elvis didn't eat, but am not hungry.

I went through this before, when I had the hot flashes from hell and the a/c wasn't working and it was 110 outside, about 150 inside. Was really close to needing IV fluids, but didn't realize I was THAT bad until Tess sent me the symptoms. Trying not to get back to that point again.

I'll go take a swig of the salt shaker

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-30-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Monkey

Strange
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Amy you need me to send you a salt lick? It is tough to be without AC, I have no idea how people stood hot weather 100 years ago. Plus all those heavy skirts and massive underwear they wore. How did they stand it and to only bathe like once a week too, I can't stand to be hot and sweaty and then go to bed feeling that way. I guess they did a lot of sponge baths. Then again I'm so Old that I remember being in a Woolworth with an overhead fan when I was about 4 and none of the downtown stores had AC. It wasn't until I guess about 1970 that we got a car with AC. And I also remember being in church at about 3 years of age and all the women had hats and fans, those kind on sticks, sitting there feeling sticky with scratchy petticoats on and feeling miserable, I won't wear to this day anything that eats my skin but as a kid I endured wool skirts, scratchy fabrics, seams that ate your skin ... lol memory lane here again.

Thank God for AC. Anyways hope your hand cramps get better. I'm proud of you for disengaging from the Brit drama.

Kelsey would love to see you in your finery.

TOD, I saw a pic of a bunny that was paralyzed and someone had strapped him into a little wagon so he could move around better, hope your little chicks feel better soon.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

TOD you posted the same thing I did... that's funny, I was writing a novel and noticed you had the same idea. lol