Notices

remembering

Old 04-28-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

remembering

why the heck do get so lost in my thoughts so quickly. For instance, you can't take me anywhere because I will get lost. I just drive and pay no attention to what's going on. I will pass my turn then when I turn around to make the turn I pass it again.

I spend hours learning about something then inside of a month I pretty much forget every thing I learn. I am always wrong about everything. I think I remember something right but I do not. I will read an email then half way though it I will stop reading and I do not even know it. If you'd ask me I say I read the whole email and I'd really believe it.

I can meet someone who I talk to all the time then when I finally meet them I will forget what they look like and can not recognize them.

I almost always lose my car. Unless I park in exact same 2 or 3 places every time. If I park behind a building all the time and there are like 20 spots I still lose the car almost ever time.

I am so tired of this.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey...
hang in there
do you see a doctor?
Old 05-12-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You arent on your own in feeling this way......me too!

It has got to the point where I can not drive on my own, my husband is my co-driver.

I am not in a good way today and cant really talk...I just felt the need to reply to tell you you arent alone

Talk soon.

Hugs.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

You are not alone.

I can get lost driving a few short blocks to the grocery store I have been going to for years. I quickly forget a lot of things and when I try to learn something new it seems like it can no longer stay in my head.

This is a complete contradiction of the person I was 5 - 10 years ago. I was one who could read something once, comprehend it, and know it without a doubt. I could breeze through school and any tests given. I was one of the best in my career field.

Today my life is so very different. The PTSD, bipolar, depression, and anxiety issues have so clouded my life that the disassociation that comes with them has only progressed over the years.

My therapist put it to me this way; that the mind can only take so much before it has to start blocking things off. That is why I need to be dealing with these issues now so they will not continue to overwhelm my mind and cause the disassociation to get worse.

I don't know if that is what is going on with you or not because I am not a therapist or doctor. But it might be worth asking your doc about.

Right now I am on a new med to hopefully help treat it. We shall see I only can hold out hope as I have been through many of these medication changes some with positive and some with negative results. Best of luck to you and remember you are not alone.