Notices

Not sure what to do

Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure what to do

New to this section of the forum haven't really read around much on it but all I know is that I have some mental health problems. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 12 (I'm now 19). I've had a history of cutting and self-harm. The only med they've ever put me on was Prozac because they said that's the best anti-depressant for teens and young adults. I took it regularly for maybe about 2 years but didn't notice any changes and neither did anybody else. So I just stopped. I also saw several different therapists but could never find one and have a good connection.

But recently I'm starting to think it's more than just depression. I want to say maybe bi-polar or something like that because I ted to get very angry at times. It feels like I'm always depressed or always angry. Rarely ever just normal and happy.

I don't have insurance right now and won't for another few months so I can't really do much about it because everything is expensive without it and I don't have a job and my parents can't really afford much right now.

I guess I'm just looking for some advice or suggestions about what I could take (med-wise) when the time comes when I am able to afford it. I refuse to go on prozac and I don't really know of any other medications. And as of now I refuse to see a therapist because I've seen sooo many since the age of 12 and have had horrible experiences that I guess I've been traumatized by them, so to say.

I'm always depressed, angry, anxious, and I have been realizing/accepting the fact that I might also have some social anxiety issues. My main problems would be the anger and depression though. I just can't have it untreated for much longer. Who knows what might happen.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry if this is all kind of jumbled together. I'm horrible when it comes to trying to reach out somewhere or somehow. All I know is that I gotta start somewhere.... right?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Right! You see there is a problem. That is a huge first step. What do you do for fun? Look into some new activities. Keep posting