Notices

ever have this happen?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ever have this happen?

I see a couple of psychologists off and on. I always wondered if they were married even though they have different last names.

Anyway I saw them both in the grocery store yesterday. Oddly, one of them didn't even acknowledge me and the other just smiled and said hello and kind of went on her way.

I guess I shouldn't expect them to have a personal conversation there but it was a little weird being treated like a total stranger. Maybe it's supposed to be for my own protection, to protect confidentiality? I dunno.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My psychiatrist asked me after our first few sessions about this. She asked whether or not I'd like her to talk to me if we bumped into each other outside of her office. I said of course, because I have a good relationship with her. She did tell me that there are some people who are mortified if their psychiatrist approaches them in public... so maybe that's what these people were trying to avoid by not talking with you.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think that's what they're supposed to do, just kind acknowledge you and keep going. When I was a massage therapist, I was never sure what to say if I ran into a client. I usually just waved. I wasn't quite a psychologist, but most of them told me some pretty deep secrets, and I'd seen them undressed!