Notices

Thank you for the supportive words for my son

Old 03-09-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you for the supportive words for my son

Hello all, some of you have visited my son's blog and left great, supportive messages which I have forwarded on to him. He has now been incarcerated for 8 months and recently saw the Parole Officer for review. Although his sentence is 4 years, he is actually eligible for parole! It is unlikely he will make it on the first go round, but I think one way he has been able to keep his head on straight and get through this is by writing his thoughts and feelings on his blog, and by reading the comments from folks. I just want to let you know I really REALLY appreciate it, and thank you!!

Peace!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((TexasMagnum))) - I haven't responded on his blog, but I've most definitely kept him in my thoughts and prayers. I truly pray that this is what he needed to find "recovery road".

Hugs and prayers to both of you,

Amy
Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

THANKS Amy, really appreciated...I am currently struggling with what is "right" to do... he is being reviewed for parole. I want him to be free.. but to be honest I don't know that he is really ready. I am very afraid he will fall back on his old ways. I don't know what to wish for and what is best. Of course I can't keep him "safe" by having him be locked up forever. It's not like it's up to me but I can send a letter of support for him to make parole or not send one. So tough...
Old 03-12-2011, 01:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((TM))) - maybe, if you feel you need to write a letter, you can say something like "I have no idea what will happen with the parole, but I hope that whatever does, I pray(hope) that it's what is meant to happen as you continue to make progress"...or something like that.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-12-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Texasmagnum

I am new to this site but just wanted to say you and your son are in my prayers. Some of us need a dose of the harsh reality of our situation which sounds like he got.As a Mom you want to do what's best for him and you sound like an extremely supportive one. Just remember you can't do this FOR him. He is ultimatly responsible for whatever choices he makes.I would go to meeting with him to keep him focused, if he wants you to. Sometimes there's a fine line between being supportive and the person feeling smothered.It sounds like you have done everything you can possibly do.Be there for him but there comes a time when tough love has to be interjected.Yes he is the addict but so are you in the respect that the situation is all consuming for you. You need to take time to take care of yourself and just really send it home to him that his addiction is not only affecing him but everyone who loves and wants the best for him.Addiction tears families apart but the healing can also bring them closer than before. God Bless
Old 03-12-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I must have missed the previous thread. Where is his blog?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((DGillz))) - I think, if you click on ((TM's)) name, go under "threads started by TM", it was in his first thread.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

Heya Texas Mom...I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your son's story and continue to follow his posts. I think about you and his well being from time to time, and I understand your doubts. All you can do is have faith that he will choose to do the next right thing.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all, sorry for the lapse here, I really missed that folks had responded. My son continues to do well, he is still waiting on word from parole. They really like to make you sweat it out!! He is still writing his blog, and overall, doing as well as one can do under imprisonment.

I cannot post his blog url on here because it is against the rules, but if you use this user name I post on here for him, which is "Texas Magnum" and put something like "texas magnum in texas prison" in google, you will easily find his blog. He had a new post today so it's a good time to check it out.

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the support! And, he does too! I always send along the supportive words people have sent him here.

Peace ~