Notices

yay drugs are great

Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

yay drugs are great

they can definately change our looks. drugs really do suck the life out of people. don't know if this has been shown here before , but if it hasn't , then take a gander at the wonderful world of drugs...

From drugs to mugs: Disfiguring toll of addiction - Addictions- msnbc.com
Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, this was posted previously. I understand you lost your wife to addiction? I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not again

colour me skeptical, but I am sure the intentions are good.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by larrylive View Post
colour me skeptical, but I am sure the intentions are good.
The OP was being sarcastic. Did you look at the link?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok we seem to be going off on a tangent.
I removed some posts.

let's restrict ourselves to topics arising from the link itself - thanks.
D
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not again

Dang it Dee, what did I miss.

I looked at the link and was implying I sensed some photoshop majic. But,again, I am sure thier intentions where good, I know people are telling me how good I look (not to be confused with how good looking I am) Although I am having to work alot harder to keep the abs, I now have an inny and a chest instead of a washboard and xylophone.

I don't know what that all means, but atleast I ain't smoking crack.

Larry
Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

All I can say is that those pictures break my heart.

Drugs suck.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There is another such site... facesofmeth.com
http://www.lifeormeth.com/communitie...4514548023.jpg
http://www.methmadness.com/facesofmeth.html

Scary stuff... I always hated meth... Such a dead end. Not that my DOC is a walk in the park, but I have seen first hand the damage done to my friends by meth. Ugly stuff. Glad I never abused that stuff. Yuck!

Last edited by OutofIdeas75; 03-02-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Fixed URL...apparently someone bought the domain and is profiting from it now...greed!!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
The spiritual bankruptcy is in the eyes. Using drugs leads to a mental, physical and spiritual bankruptcy - and every one of them shows that in all it's glory.

I sometimes pray for the still suffering addict that's never found the rooms. I think I'll step that up a notch.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno Larry - I've seen these before and after shots for real in the faces of peeps I grew up with...meth is bad news.

D
Old 03-02-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Not again

Yup-computer generated morphing, note the "after" pics are shorter and wider. I suppose theyare going for the "scared straight" effect.

So.....what's the piont?

Should we believe that someone contemplating useing meth, crack, herion, etc. will be stopping by and happen upon this thread, click on the link and change thier mind.

I know that during most of my using I had at least one mirror in the house and was well aware of the toll it had taken, but I still used.

Maybe this is one of those charlie sheen-like train wrecks. Where we just can't stop looking at others suffering, as if somehow it will make me feel better, superior or atleast just not that bad.

How about next time you post a link to pics of what people looked like after they got off drugs, think inspiring instead of depressing.

Larry
Old 03-02-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
I looked at the link and was implying I sensed some photoshop majic.
Unfortunately, Larry - these are real pics. Meth is so cheap and easy to find as well as being addictive beyond a lot of drugs out there, the decline in the meth addict is fast. Thank GOD my meth use was not this backyard shake and bake sh!t. Mine was old-school, "healthier" P2P style - and still put me through a world of desperation, misery and pain.

Last edited by whiskerkissed; 03-02-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: additional input
Old 03-02-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

well, I did a quick Google and you seem to be the only one on the internet who thinks these pics are fake, Larry.

Let's not quibble. I've seen pictures like these before going back many years and like I said, I've seen this first hand.

I'm not worried what the point is or whether this will scare people straight - I have no idea what other people will think, but I just find it all incredibly sad.

D
Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yup-computer generated morphing, note the "after" pics are shorter and wider. I suppose theyare going for the "scared straight" effect.

So.....what's the piont?

Should we believe that someone contemplating useing meth, crack, herion, etc. will be stopping by and happen upon this thread, click on the link and change thier mind.

I know that during most of my using I had at least one mirror in the house and was well aware of the toll it had taken, but I still used.

Maybe this is one of those charlie sheen-like train wrecks. Where we just can't stop looking at others suffering, as if somehow it will make me feel better, superior or atleast just not that bad.

How about next time you post a link to pics of what people looked like after they got off drugs, think inspiring instead of depressing.

Larry
There was a poster here last week that said she was detoxing from Benzos and thought about trying Meth. This would have been a good deterrent, IMHO.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I opened the first link, looked at the pictures and just felt sick at heart for these poor people that have lost their way to this drug. I've NEVER used meth and WILL NEVER use it.

When I was still in the ARNG, we use to have jailed women and men come to the building/Armory to clean it. Almost every one of them were in jail for meth use or production. They told me some really horrible stories about thier use and others around them using. One individual told me a story about her friend using meth for the first time. It put him in the hospital, in a coma, bleeding from every hole in his body. She said, the first time using, will either do this to ya, or you'll get the greatest high you've ever wanted or kill you.

Who in the world would want to take any of those risks? Not me! But unfortunately, there are many out there that have and are still lost to chasing this drug every waking moment.

I hope God finds a way to scoop up all addicts, up into his large hands and care for them. Addicts and recovering addicts.

But I fear, with the economy going to hell in a hand basket, gas prices here, heading to $3.50 a gal and more getting laid off. There are going to be lots of people looking for a way out of their mental misery. It's getting harder to get opiates here in AR, so that will eleviate some folks from doctor shopping. But it doesn't stop them from getting it off the streets or breaking into homes to find them and other items to sell for them.

The world is a scary place, right now, for many. I'm hanging on by both hands to the reality of the world w/o my opiates now for 12 days. I don't want them, thank goodness, and I look forward to dealing with every day life on a clean straight mind.

I know others will see the link and feel for those poor people. I can only hope and pray they find their way out of that life.

TOD
Old 03-03-2011, 03:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Not again

With all due respect,

I sincerely apologize, I did not mean to minimize anybodies pain and suffering.

Larry
Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

With all due respect,

I sincerely apologize, I did not mean to minimize anybodies pain and suffering.

Larry
Larry, after "Reefer Madness" nonsense in the 50's, no one should question your skepticism.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

I don't think they are fake, because I saw one of those guys on the Cops show (yeah, I seem to have become hooked on them) and his after shot was exactly the way he looked. That is the elderly, long-haired guy with the one eye half-closed. Smal world but I feel really sorry for those people.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

So.....what's the piont?

Larry
I posted it for more of a wake up call. some people will get it. and others will not care for whatever reason.if you have given up on hope then continue on your own path to self destruction...but there are others who will see these pics and either decide that they don't want to end up looking like that or better yet, if they were contemplating using then they may think twice before they start. only a fool would think they were immune to the effects.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

none of the before pictures show any of them as being the picture of health, they all looked trashed to start with. I wonder how long they had actually been abusing. The before after shots present their decline as being in the time period stated, that is misleading, they had obviously been up to something before hand.

This kind of shock therapy fails every time. Just like the images on cigarette packs, just like violence on TV, people quickly become immune to the familiar. We've seen these shock tactics for years, they mean nothing anymore, especially to a generation of kids raised on violence, sex and gore.

Every one of the people in the pictures had the option to stop at any time they wanted, no one forced them to do anything against their will. Perhaps it would be more prudent to actually arm people with facts and information so as they could determine through reason whether they want to do a drug or not, if they did it would be their choice and them who would pay the price.