Notices

Pleas help I want off

Old 02-17-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pleas help I want off

Some of you may remember me from an early post (about a week ago) but I'm addicted to tramadol and NEED to get off of it already. Ive tried going down by half a pill, or a 1/4 of one, but I never make it. I suck. So I need to go to a rehab or a drug detox center or whatever. Thing is I have no money and no insurance. I'm In Hawaii (oahu) does anyone know by any chance of a good one thats free? or anyway I could find one? I tried looking and cant find one, and I'm worried about the care I would be getting at one of these free government run places. Anyone have any advice?

Also whoever is in charge of this website needs to change that damn password recovery thing. Seriously, they ask you to type the letters that are in the picture, this site is for people that are high out of there minds, please get some easier to read pictures for the love of God.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Hawk - this is a national database for substance abuse facilities...click hawaii (it's down the bottom on this map) enter your local area you'll get some idea of the services available and costs...

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

can't help you on the password thing though. Write it down, maybe.

D
Old 02-18-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Hawk,

If you get into a decent detox center -- the fact that you'll have experienced professionals micromanaging all the bullsh!t you would be stressing over if you were in charge of the whole deal, and finish the program (should be doable as most detoxes don't top 6-7 days max) Do it! Just make sure you flush all your reserve supplies before you go. Then just go, take it one day (one minute or hour at a time sometimes as needed) at a time. And kick this scourge in the Foking teeth. When ya get back make sure your place is sterile of all old connects (#'s, addresses, et al.) and fire up your PC and post us a progress.

You might also want to look into verious face to face meetings or IOP groups.

NA Meeting Locator

Find Meetings |

SMART RecoveryŽ - Face to Face Meetings

Good luck and stay strong - you can do it.

TB