Notices

114 days of no Cannabis

Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

114 days of no Cannabis

I just wanted to report on my recovery so far from Cannabis addiction.

I know many people think that marijuana is not addictive and that there should be no problem using it and that's it's pretty light weight. It was not for me in the least.

It took me about a good almost three months to start realizing how much better I feel by now. It didn't happen over night. I think I was going through PAWS for a while there.

I finally feel focused, motivated, can think clearly, am not as depressed or anxious. I don't miss that old warped fun-house of anxiety and the dampening distress of confusion Cannabis brought into my life.

I also gave up alcohol a couple of weeks later - something I did not do when I quit the cannabis over two years ago.

I now fully believe that one sort of feeds the other for me.

Every now and again I feel like there is something wrong with me that I can't enjoy a puff or two with friends at a music event, but then I look at them having to go and do so three and four times to keep their high going and it's ridiculous and sad to me now.

I would not trade in what I have now for all that back. Not to mention it was really aggravating my depression. I am still on meds for bipolar disorder, but I feel like they actually work now and there may be a chance I may not need them at some point.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Congrats!
Every now and again I feel like there is something wrong with me that I can't enjoy a puff or two with friends at a music event, but then I look at them having to go and do so three and four times to keep their high going and it's ridiculous and sad to me now.
yep...it is sad.

I finally feel focused, motivated, can think clearly, am not as depressed or anxious.
ah...freedom!

Another Addict Grateful To Be Free,
Missy
Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear from you again CW...and it's great to hear you're doing well!

D
Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living In The Now

I'm glad to see you are doing well in your recovery CW. I'm glad you believe that one substance leads to others. I have certainly felt this way in my recovery. I wish you the best of luck.

Tom x
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Congrats on breaking free. I don't know how long you used (I smoked daily for 10 years) but once I quit, the weight of my addiction was gone. In less than a year, my life improved a hundred fold. Wishing you the same.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I occasionally smoked a bit weed in the past...it's been about 16 months since i last had any.

I just decided I did not like the "high" at all.
It definetely increases anxiety and paranoia.

Only good thing about it was that music sounded great on weed.