Notices

Encouragement to take Meds

Old 01-29-2011, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Encouragement to take Meds

I forgot to take my med last Sunday and had such a wonderful day. It just made me think. I really want to get off so much medicine. The one med is even messing with my heart to the point I passed out.

I go see my family dr on Feb 2 and the psychiatrist on 14th. I just feel so numb on all this stuff and really want to get my feelings back.

I've been sober 3 yrs now and hope that I perhaps I can use the tools of the program to deal with the mental health stuff. Do you think I'm being realistic?

I would also like to find holistic alternatives. I really hate the side affects of these meds. Some times I think they make me worse.

I exercise, eat very healthy, and feel better after doing that.

Please help me with your experiences. Perhaps I should mention that I have been diagnosed with scizoaffective disorder. I realize this is not something to play with.

Terri
Old 01-29-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is never a good idea to go off our meds suddenly without consulting our dr. Tell them how you feel about this and see how they can work with you. Maybe you would benefit from a change up or lower dosages ...???????????
and maybe there are some you no longer need..it's just a good idea to work with them whatever you are wanting to do..just be honest.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for replying. This too shall pass. I'll be patient until I meet with the drs.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

What Live said.

Hang in there.