Notices

Double Trouble in Recovery....

Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Double Trouble in Recovery....

DTR is for people suffering from addictions plus emotional disorders.The people there are great and you can share openly about meds, your emotional, and mental issues......Check out their website ....[/url].Double Trouble in Recovery | Peer Support for People Recovering from Mental Disorders and Addiction
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Post Double Trouble in recovery...{Basic Guide} Part #1

DTR..Step Three....The 3rd step ask us to make a decision to turn our will and life over to the care of God as we understood Him...To make a CHOICE. We were going to have something different from what we knew, to think and act differently. It took us some time to believe this.We were filled with resentments, self-pity, and always blaming others. We were not willing to let go of it at all. It is not easy to surrender, even to entertain the thought at times, let alone do it. Even thinking and writing about making a decision to turn our will over to our friend shows that great change is taking place. Peter F.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Post Basic Guide...DTR..Step Three..

:ghug3Basic Guide..

Step Three...If acting only out of self will we wouldnt even be able to consider doing it..Now we pray for knowledge of Gods will to help us..We dont understand God but we are willing to do anything not to live the way we lived in the past. Our role is to let Him. Not ever letting go of center stage is not healthy anymore..The world wasnt created to live up to our expectations...We are not running the show....Clean
Old 01-23-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Post Basic Guide- Step three...

Basic Guide

We pray if only to forgive ourselves, to learn to tolerate ourselves, to feel worthy and believe that we are human beings. Gradually we let go of some of the old ways of looking at the world. In the past we could'nt do this. Living on fear kept us ignorant and stuck. There is a better way. With the task at hand put before us, looking for the release from inner turmoil which signals self-will and unburdened by over reactions to the everyday ups and downs of life, we ask for guidance and strength to follow it...to be continued....
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Post DTR Basic Guide..Step Three...

DTR Basic Guide
Trying to let God run the show can be difficult. We know when we directed the show many times we failed. Those of us who have let a Higher Power into our lives has seen our thinking, then our actions, then our lives change. We have found at times it difficult to let Gods will prevail in our lives, to put the footwork in and leave the results up to him...How ever, making humble efforts to accept His will for us at some moments in life, we feel absolutly relieved of the bond and burdens we have carried.......
Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Talking Four Meetings A Week....DTR

DTR Started 2 more meetings during the week which makes 4 a week.....Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays @ 6PM...This group Ive made my homegroup cause I feel awesome when I get There and better when I leave...They say come early...they get there an hour early and we just talk and laugh...They have great recovery and lots of people there have 15+ years..These people are wounderful and have a great way of making you feel apart of..It feels good to be apart of..Anyway if you live in New York City and have dual diagnosis...which means Double Trouble In Recovery...Message me and maybe we could met up. ...yeah Im Bi-polar..lol, Peter F
Old 04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Celebrating On Friday....

Four meetings a week at DTR...I love it...Im celebrating the last friday of the month with this group . Great people there..Clean :day1
Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Double Trouble In Recovery....

Old 04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Today I Celebrated...

Today was my anniversary...I celebrated at DTR with two others...One had 16 years the other had 19 years...Cake was good. Like I said DTR is a great program for those with dual diagnosis...I feel this is my home.