Notices

Stupid cravings driving me crazy

Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stupid cravings driving me crazy

I just don't get it but in the last week I have been having opiate cravings pretty bad. I haven't given in but they seem to be getting worse so I try to take my mind off of them but there is only so much I can do with my self (i can't drive so I can't go anywhere really) I do have a sponsor and go to meetings but it's the times im at home that seem to get to me. My dr gave me some clonidine he said it helps with cravings I havent started it yet but has anyone ever tried it and if so does it help?
Old 01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i know i can't give medical advice so ... I only know my own experience... I've been clean from heroin since halloween and i have just had my first bout of using thoughts.. Like you i get frustrated.. And like you i don't pick up... I'm just super against any more pills.. I just get more scared bout being reliant on anything like that now and while i think depression and anxiousness are part of our physical recovery i'd be so plsd to have done as well as you have i'd still be hesitant like you are.. The only advice i have is your doctor listened enough to prescribe them so presumably he'd listen to your concerns now? He's possiblely the one person who you need to bounce this off.. Well done so far..xx karma
Old 01-18-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Garden Variety Addict

I see craving as an opportunity for addicts to build their recovery muscle. So next time they are a little bit stronger and the urge that much weaker.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Still fighting the good fight. I simply can't give in as it will mess up all my plans.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi king - glad ya checked in - did u speak to your doctor bout the clonodine?
well done for keeping it together xx karma
Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes I did check in about the clonidine and I must say he was right it has helped me with more than just cravings it also helps me with my tourette syndrome and epilepsy issues.