Notices

First Date Drug Deal WTF?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Date Drug Deal WTF?

So I am out on a first date with a guy. We had coffee a couple of times before, but this was a real date with dinner and DVD. We are over at his place watching the DVD and there is a knock at the door. One of his friends comes over to buy drugs off my first-date guy. Not only is he over to buy drugs, but my date does the deal right in front of me! WTF! I just get up and go to my ca and leave. I text him the next day to just say it won't work out, but don't give him a reason. I tell this story to a friend of mine and she is like, "no big deal, everybody does or sells" and I am like "I don't think Dear Abby would have said dealing drugs in front of a date is socially acceptible." I mean, is there a sign on my forehead that says I am so open minded that people can just do illegal **** in front of me and not ask my permission. Could so see myself as all those poor fools in front of a judge saying "Really, it wasn't my pot!" and the judge not beliving. Open minded means I am open to discuss and maybe accept things, not just have things shoved in my face.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Whoa!

I always tried to hid that in front of my girlfriends or at least lie as to how much I was involved in that. Or at least wait until we are actually going out (not on the first date) to bring that up.

You did the right thing. Now that I'm through AA's twelve steps and I've changed who I was, I can't even begin to see this as acceptable behavior.

I'd also look at it as he's saving you time b/c now you already know.

Better luck next time.

Kjell
Old 01-09-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Just be glad you got outta there real quick! At least you got to find out up front (on the first date) was this dude was all about. Keep moving forward and don't look back.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You are so wise to get away from this jerk!
congratulations!

BS about everyone dealing and or useing drugs....Atlanta
AA is full of sober people.
If this guy is in AA....he is a fake....and not really committed.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You did the right thing. Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You really did do the right thing. I agree with ((Carol)) - I know of all KINDS of people, here on the south side of Atlanta, that don't have anything to do with drugs. If they do, I keep my distance.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I really appreciate the support. I was starting to think I was the only one who saw a problem with what went down. You guys at SR are the best.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you, but this is a substance abuse forum.
Mostly for recovering drug addicts and alcoholics..

..........just sayin
Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

DS, I hear ya, which is why I am on SR in the first place. But I would also point out that much of what we go through here has to do with trust, trusting ourselves and being the kind of people that others can trust. I think it is important that we act in the best interests of those we care about.

What this guy did was allow someone else's need for a fix to put me at risk. It was, in a way, a good reminder from a different angle of how our habits can impact other people. I guess the other piece of it is that those of us on SR have trust issues to begin with and I am really disappointed that my effort to connect with another person ended so badly. Everyone is right about it being good that I found out early on what this guy does as a side job, but am I really to believe that everyone in this town either does or deals? How the hell can anyone succeed in recovery if drugs and alcohol are everywhere?