Notices

Found some Crystal - Smoked it

Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Found some Crystal - Smoked it

Lets see, I am 27 years old. I do not have an addiction to anything but I came to this forum to get something off my chest.

Me and my ex used live together and towards the end of our relationship, I developed a Crystal problem (crystal meth?). I hated my life and I hated my partner but could not get rid of her because I thought I needed her income to keep paying the bills. I started using crystal because a friend of mine was doing it, for the longest time I didnt approve and I would constantly lecture him. Anyway in the midst of depression I started doing it with him and his other cracked out friends. I did it for about 6 - 8 months. I'd say I was addicted but after I started seeing that all the people around me who were doing this drug were disappearing, going to jail, getting killed, dying from overdose or getting a "bad batch" , etc, etc I decided to stop cold turkey.

Its been about 5 years since I last did the stuff. I am a groundskeeper for a living and I take care of all the cleaning and maintenance at some place (rather not say). Today while I was blowing the leaves in the parking lot, I found a bag of crystal. Perhaps someone dropped it or something. I dont know. When I seen it, I knew exactly what it was. It was not a large amount, probably $10 - $20 worth, although I don't really know what people pay for what anymore. My 1st reaction was to throw it in the Street drainage hole, which is exactly what I did. I went back to work but I was thinking about it hard. A couple hours later I went back to the drain hole and fished it out.

I had this bag of crystal in my pocket all day debating on weather or not I am going to go home and smoke this or not. I went to the bathroom a couple times and was going to flush it and get it out of my mind but I never did.

When I got home I broke the end off a light bulb, washed it out really good and used it to smoke the crystal (sucking in the smoke from a straw). After a few smoking sessions over a couple hours, it was gone.

Now I am coming down off the stuff and I feel like a real idiot. I regret my actions today and I feel like a piece of crap. I should have just left it in the gutter or flushed it when I had the chance to.
I have no plans on trying to get more. I dont even know where to buy it anymore.

I just feel like I really failed myself & I needed to confess. Writing this did make me feel a little better. Thanks for reading.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Wow Steve...shows the power of addiction. Yeah, you should have flushed it or gotten rid of it. You didn't and you used it. No more. Get back with it.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Meth was my thing. I was clean for almost 2 years when I relapsed in May.

I know how powerful that sh*t is, and I can't say I wouldn't have done the same (honestly, my first reaction to reading this was "Damn, why can't that happen to me?" Sad, huh?). I used to think I wouldn't do it again, but I let myself down and now I don't trust myself.

2 things about my relapse I do not regret:

Knowing that it's still the same out there, it's not fun.

and

Getting right back 'on the wagon.

Learn from this and move forward =)
Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
Wow Steve...shows the power of addiction. Yeah, you should have flushed it or gotten rid of it. You didn't and you used it. No more. Get back with it.
Indeed.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SlvrMag View Post
Meth was my thing. I was clean for almost 2 years when I relapsed in May.

I know how powerful that sh*t is, and I can't say I wouldn't have done the same (honestly, my first reaction to reading this was "Damn, why can't that happen to me?" Sad, huh?). I used to think I wouldn't do it again, but I let myself down and now I don't trust myself.

2 things about my relapse I do not regret:

Knowing that it's still the same out there, it's not fun.

and

Getting right back 'on the wagon.

Learn from this and move forward =)
I havent even thought about the stuff in years. Hopefully little bags of it wont randomly appear in front of me again. If it does, I'll use some will power and not cave in like today.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again Steve

I only did meth once and disliked it so much I never did it again...but I went back to other drugs and booze a million times, sometimes just because it was there.

Eventually I decided enough was enough and I came here - got support and guidance and stayed sober.

I also worked hard on myself so that I didn't want to get high anymore.

I found a bag of weed not too long ago. That was my thing.

Not only did I not want to smoke it, but I thought how utterly unsafe it would be to smoke a bag I found in the gutter.

I'm really glad I made the decision in 07 to change. I hope you'll stick around here too

D
Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I thought how utterly unsafe it would be to smoke a bag I found in the gutter.
I thought the same thing too. I smoked a little bit just to sample it and waited a half hour or so to see if it would have any adverse effects. It seemed like normal stuff so I did the rest.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
Lets see, I am 27 years old. I do not have an addiction to anything but I came to this forum to get something off my chest.
Welcome to the forums steve. I dont mean to come off negative, but people who do not have an addiction dont throw a bag in a sewer, hype out about it for a few hours, and then go back and fish it out to go home and smoke it. In fact I would reasonably assume that someone with out any addiction whatever wouldnt even bother picking up a bag of unknown powder to begin with...Just sayin. Keep reaching out and talk to others, that devil is going to be whispering in your ear now that you awakened him from his hibernation.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tryin2Recover View Post
that devil is going to be whispering in your ear now that you awakened him from his hibernation.
Thats a pretty powerful quote! I'll try to remember it.

Anyway like I said, I dont even know where to get stuff now and I am not about to go asking random crack heads for help finding some.
5 years ago, I did it for less than a year and quit at will without any help. It didn't really have a strong hold over me.
Today I found some and the temptation to do it again over-took me, not the addiction. But I suppose you can look at it from different perspectives.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

my perspective is that none of us ever thought we'd go back...- i had 5 yrs clean from heroin once along the way but did just like you - 3 weeks l8r it came round and i went there again....then i went there full time again - i'd 1st time round only been there 6 mnths then nothing for 3 yrs !!just would hate to see you there in any amount of time...
you said u had a problem then - lets hope u don't now... the fact that drugs have developed on the street hugely in 5 yrs wtf did ya think u were doing?? i'm wantin u to be a lil mad at me but i relapsed after 5 yrs and your post made me shiver - i should add i used gear to come down off mdma and coke and anything else...to start with..
keep coming here and stay strong but look at yr behaviour - this is all said with love mate...
xx karma
Old 01-09-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Garden Variety Addict

I can understand the temptation, particularly because you did nothing to search out, score, cop, etc...

That almost makes it harder. Still, the choice was yours but you seem to be painfully aware of that. I'm not gonna rub it in or minmize your actions. It's done, it's over.

All I can offer you is a reminder there are a few hardcore substances that are 100% guaranteed to wreck your life. Meth is one. So, like I would say to a shooting victim that lives to tell their story, consider yourself lucky and stay out of the line of fire.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Not good, Steve. That was a FAIL. Do it again and the terrorists win.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Well Steve, I really like your honesty. I love that in a person firstly. Ok, temptation was there, you did it, so there and you picked yourself up and dusted yourself. Just think of it as that, JJ
You are worth so much because honesty is worth so much in your recovery.I just love that. You just made a mistake, forgive yourself and move on.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Garden Variety Addict

It really bus me that this thread gets the "thumbs down" icon. This guy was unequivocally honest about his actions. He expressed his regret and his feelings of failure. I mean, what more could you ask for???

Steve, from me to you, here's a thank you, in lieu of a thumbs up, for being real.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hey steve just wondered bout the thumbs down bit..did you put that as an indicator or did it get added? we like you being real .. Every respective opinion is worth hearing .. Hope you're doing well.. Xx karma
Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

The OP most likely put the thumbs down on the thread (you can choose a post icon when creating a thread).
Old 01-12-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yes, the OP picks the icon.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks all for replies. I did pick the thumbs down icon because it was thumbs down behavior. lol
The day I did it, Friday, I did not sleep at all that night because I couldn't. Saturday I had some plans and was miserable the entire day because I had been running on no sleep. So I was up for 2 days. Day 1 = regret and anger for doing it. Day 2 = beyond tired and miserable. Guess karma got me.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Not again

Yup, been there..done that. But that's behind me and I am moving forward.

What I would like to know is where ya'll live, ya' ain't got no bumps in your roads.

I may not travel the smoothest roads and most of them are uphill, but neither am I coasting nor standing still.

Larry