Notices

I fell hard

Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I fell hard

Well it happend last wednesday I relapsed by getting drunk. I think I have figured out a part of myself I wasn't working the steps like I should have I was so worried about relapsing that I drove myself into relaps.Another problem I have is trying to show my family proof that I was clean the only person I have to prove it to is myself. I did get a little depressed because of the situation because I threw away 8 months of sobriety but im better now and determined to go longer than 8 months this is a new year and a fresh start.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey KT

I reckon you only throw away 8 months if you refuse to learn from yr time sober - and what happened when you relapsed.

Welcome back - what are you gonna do differently this time?
D
Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well heres what hapened when I relapsed now this story may be hard to believe but it's true. I have epilepsy and have seizures some times after or during a seizure I black out my body works but my mind is gone. Well I had a seizure and blacked out I actually went to the deli mart and bought 3 cans of steel reserve and a small bottle of wild irish rose. I lost 24 hours of my life because I drank all of that and don't remember a thing.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know much about epilepsy KT - never heard of that post seizure blackout.
Sounds pretty bad.

There must be ways to guard against that tho - are you on meds?

Glad you're back on the right track anyway.

D
Old 01-04-2011, 12:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea I take Dilantin 100mgs and neurotin 800 mgs. My doctor said the blackouts are rare and with the right medication combo plus me working out to get healthy again will probaly stop them. The meds mentioned I just started on.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

KingTrail, I had blackouts too! Mine were not from Epilepsy, but severe painic attacks-- I would 'come to' high or drunk, but not remember using or drinking! Or I would 'come to' sober in another room, so I know it wasn't the drugs doing it, it was always following a painic attack. No panic attacks since April 2010 though! Never thought I'd go a month without one, let alone that long.

Sorry to hear about your relapse-- pick yourself back up and be strong. Get back on track and figure out a plan of action not to let it happen again. It can be tough with something like this, but it can be done!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Onewithwings View Post
Sorry to hear about your relapse-- pick yourself back up and be strong. Get back on track and figure out a plan of action not to let it happen again. It can be tough with something like this, but it can be done!
There is always a solution if one wants it bad enough...

("Denial is a warm, thick blanket, and you're naked underneath." --My Brain!
lol...that is great...onewithwings...)
Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

don't get down on yourself... it was a one time screw up. get back up stronger, and learn from the mistake. be proud of the time you stayed sober, focus on the positive...not negative.