Notices

This post is going to sound like I'm a crazy woman

Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This post is going to sound like I'm a crazy woman

I am grateful for humor and silly silly animals.

Laying in bed right now trying to do my version of meditation and my cat is acting so silly. Why is it cats don't like it when a bedroom door is closed? She keeps trying to get in my room and hates it when I close any doors in the house - ESPECIALLY the bathroom door. She will just meow the entire time someone is in the bathroom using the shower - for the life of me I don't know why. Once a person exits the bathroom she immediately has to run in the bathroom and investigate it. Why? So bizarre.

*sigh* My crazy gratitude is for this mystery.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

silly animals

I have been sober almost 7 years now and if it wasn't for my kitty some days I think I would really lose it. I am 49 single no kids and all my family lives over 3,000 miles away. So other than my kitty and a few close AA friends and of course can't forget God I am pretty much alone in this world. I love my kitty's crazy personality. Just wanted to say I think I am turning into that cat women your mother warned you about lol. Peace & Blessings all
Old 12-16-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ima, your post doesnt' sound at all crazy to me! I get so much entertainment out of my cats and dogs it's hilarious! Often give the cats catnip and laugh til I cry.

One of my dogs has a habit of 'playing' on the bed after supper/potty time. He'll jump around like he's nuts, messing up the blanket and throwing himself on the bed, then jumping around, barking the whole time.

My animals keep me sane... and they keep me company when I'm not sane!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

maybe I need to get a cat, my dog just pissed me off today, lol
Old 12-16-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Our finicky feline does the EXACT same thing and especially when I'm home during the day with her. She follows me around like a lost puppy, uh . . . kitten? We have 2 dogs which are both mutts and 1 cat. I love them as if they were my children and they think they are. Its a special relationship such as yours and your cat.

Oh and by the way, aren't cats and dogs the best meditation teachers ever! Our cat can stare out our sliding glass door off our bedroom for what seems like hours. Sits perfectly still just staring. I've asked her to teach me, but I don't think she believes I'm ready for her secrets yet. She just looks at me and yawns. I also believe I've seen her roll her eyes at me. I swear!

So who is the crazy one around here?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cats do yoga too

Old 12-17-2010, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My Pom uses that very same Yoga pose too....even while at the dog-spa being groomed.

I have 3 cats and a small dog, live alone too.....yes, the animals rule the house and I don't mind....they keep me sane too!....I don't much like the cat-racing at 3AM, or yesterday coming home to a water pitcher dumped on the counter, but they argue that it is really my fault and i should just be glad the counter is now washed.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newby1961 View Post
I have been sober almost 7 years now and if it wasn't for my kitty some days I think I would really lose it. I am 49 single no kids and all my family lives over 3,000 miles away. So other than my kitty and a few close AA friends and of course can't forget God I am pretty much alone in this world. I love my kitty's crazy personality. Just wanted to say I think I am turning into that cat women your mother warned you about lol. Peace & Blessings all
Awwwww... animals are amazing. Thank you! Cat women are fine - I am come to accept what I am! LOL
Old 12-18-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
My Pom uses that very same Yoga pose too....even while at the dog-spa being groomed.

I have 3 cats and a small dog, live alone too.....yes, the animals rule the house and I don't mind....they keep me sane too!....I don't much like the cat-racing at 3AM, or yesterday coming home to a water pitcher dumped on the counter, but they argue that it is really my fault and i should just be glad the counter is now washed.
That's precious!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
Cats do yoga too

OMG! This made me laugh! Thanks for sharing it!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Our finicky feline does the EXACT same thing and especially when I'm home during the day with her. She follows me around like a lost puppy, uh . . . kitten? We have 2 dogs which are both mutts and 1 cat. I love them as if they were my children and they think they are. Its a special relationship such as yours and your cat.

Oh and by the way, aren't cats and dogs the best meditation teachers ever! Our cat can stare out our sliding glass door off our bedroom for what seems like hours. Sits perfectly still just staring. I've asked her to teach me, but I don't think she believes I'm ready for her secrets yet. She just looks at me and yawns. I also believe I've seen her roll her eyes at me. I swear!

So who is the crazy one around here?
LOL. They are good little meditators!

LOL she rolls her eyes at you! I think my cat is thinking something - I swearer by it. One of my ex bf's would get mad at me when i said this because he would tell me cats brains are too tiny so they dont have the ability to think beyhond preditory thoughts. Pshhhh whatever! I dont believe him!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Ima, your post doesnt' sound at all crazy to me! I get so much entertainment out of my cats and dogs it's hilarious! Often give the cats catnip and laugh til I cry.

One of my dogs has a habit of 'playing' on the bed after supper/potty time. He'll jump around like he's nuts, messing up the blanket and throwing himself on the bed, then jumping around, barking the whole time.

My animals keep me sane... and they keep me company when I'm not sane!
ADORABLE!!!! How fun!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that I can *believe* the fur-children know what i am thinking....and tell your XBF that my cat prefers the bed to be made up a certain way....for his specifications to sleep in comfort all day are very important!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I'm grateful that I can *believe* the fur-children know what i am thinking....and tell your XBF that my cat prefers the bed to be made up a certain way....for his specifications to sleep in comfort all day are very important!
HAHAHA - that's so funny! My cat use to be livid if i weren't home by 1AM. She would pee on bed if I were not home by that time. If I were home by midnight - she was OKAY. 1AM NOT OKAY. Guess she didnt want me "catting" around!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am so grateful tonight cause little Jack (former foster dog) was licking my hand while I was lovin' up on him. He rarely shows affection that way so I was very flattered.

Thank God for my critters.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i love it when they want in the room and they stick their little paws under the door and you see them curling their claws and upwards. and their little pads on their feet. lol
Old 12-19-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

yes, mine will hurl their bodies at a closed door too....like i have an escape hatch down the toilet.....my cats are so relaxed they hold their paws out for their claws to be clipped...that is a very mellow cat!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Vanilla

Old 12-19-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL, my cats do the same thing!

I think that my cats believe they own the house, the furniture and all the belongings here. And, they let us live here with them so that we can feed them and rub their tummies.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OMG sneezy!! thats EXACTLY what i was talking about LOL wasnt sure if i was describing it proberly but now you all know what i ment. haha. so cute!