Notices

Starting Detox from OXY...started Tuesday

Old 12-03-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Starting Detox from OXY...started Tuesday

Hey everyone. I am a 33 year old guy who started with vicodin, then percocet and recently oxy. I was up to about 2 or so 80 mg oxys a day or about 12-15 percocet (whichever I had). Anyways, enough is enough! I went to a suboxone doctor after about 10 months of addiction, but after spending $3000 of my own money (didnt accept my insurance) I got one script and left. Well, i went back on, even though I was amazed with the suboxone results and I strongly think i was over the habbit and wouldnt even had to have taken suboxone again. BUT i decided to start again and now i have about 7 suboxone left and i want to use them JUST to get through the initial withdrawal period like many rehab facilities do and then be CLEAN...yes CLEAN!

Is the 19th month habit Long in length compared to most? What about the dosage? Any thoughts are appreciated.

This may sound NUTS, but when i started doing these with my friend (who is highly addicted to EVERYTHING he touches) I almost WANTED to get addicted to them, just to see what it felt like as i have NEVER been addicted to anything in my life. I dont smoke, dont drink barely at all and dont do other drugs. My friend even thought it was impossible for me to get addicted to anything....well I have found out thats not true!

I am on day FOUR of suboxone and i only took a quarter of an 8mg pill today, and tomorrow the same and then a couple days at 1mg and then i dont plan on taking any more. I have heard this is very effective. Has anyone hear had good experiences? I want ANY and ALL stories possible. As i have a very stressful, demanding career and i make great money and I am on the fast track to success here so i DONT want to neglect my job at all. Also, only my ONE friend, who is quitting with me right now, knows i do this and i dont want to tell anyone else. I have started back at the gym two days ago and i feel great! I play a LOT of sports and i am VERY active....

I just got back from my fourth day at the gym in a row and I feel awesome! I want to get off EVERYTHING (subs) asap. Can anyone tell me their experiences. I read to NOT ask for medical advice, but I do want to hear your stories to help get me through or your suggestions.

thank goodness i found this forum and i want to talk.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Juice, well I was taking perc, then Oxy. My dependance began right before my major back surgery, so like 2002-2003 timeframe. Had the surgery in 2004, and was taking percs to make it through my job as a mailman. Rehurt my back in 2008 and waas given oxycontin, total of about 50mg per day, with a total of 20 to 40mg of fast acting oxycodone. So I guess you can say that I have been on it for years. I'm on day 12 cold turkey, and I detoxed from a few other things that weren't narcotic but still gave me side effects. It's definitely no walk in the park! I am battling an infection in my sinuses and upper resp track right now and the antibiotics really make me sick to my stomach. I can go on and on, but if you check out my thread titled, Need Help Please, Oxycontin withdrawal, I have posted everything up to this date. Keep your head up, think positive, stay away from the garbage and you should be ok. If I can do it, anyone can, trust me.....
Old 12-03-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by FormerSoldier View Post
Juice, well I was taking perc, then Oxy. My dependance began right before my major back surgery, so like 2002-2003 timeframe. Had the surgery in 2004, and was taking percs to make it through my job as a mailman. Rehurt my back in 2008 and waas given oxycontin, total of about 50mg per day, with a total of 20 to 40mg of fast acting oxycodone. So I guess you can say that I have been on it for years. I'm on day 12 cold turkey, and I detoxed from a few other things that weren't narcotic but still gave me side effects. It's definitely no walk in the park! I am battling an infection in my sinuses and upper resp track right now and the antibiotics really make me sick to my stomach. I can go on and on, but if you check out my thread titled, Need Help Please, Oxycontin withdrawal, I have posted everything up to this date. Keep your head up, think positive, stay away from the garbage and you should be ok. If I can do it, anyone can, trust me.....
I have actually already read, and reread your post. It motivates me my man! Thanks!
Old 12-03-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You look really good in your photo dude! Wish I had that kind of a body still. Reinstated my membership back up to the gym before I did the cold turkey thing, but with the way I feel, I don't know if I want to try yet. Who knows, like you said yourself, working out would probably make me feel better. I know that when I used to run (can't do that now obviously) that the endorphines in my brain were running rampant. That alone made me feel good, so maybe I'll take my broke butt to the gym in the next few days and see where it goes. I'm just afraid of the sweating lol. My wife needs to turn into a drill sergeant and force me to get fit again. It's no excuse, but the loose screw in my back, has been rearing it's ugly head since I stopped the pain meds, Motrin helps, but I'm babying it I guess. Need to suck it up and drive on!! Feels good kicking the poison doesn't it?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by FormerSoldier View Post
You look really good in your photo dude! Wish I had that kind of a body still. Reinstated my membership back up to the gym before I did the cold turkey thing, but with the way I feel, I don't know if I want to try yet. Who knows, like you said yourself, working out would probably make me feel better. I know that when I used to run (can't do that now obviously) that the endorphines in my brain were running rampant. That alone made me feel good, so maybe I'll take my broke butt to the gym in the next few days and see where it goes. I'm just afraid of the sweating lol. My wife needs to turn into a drill sergeant and force me to get fit again. It's no excuse, but the loose screw in my back, has been rearing it's ugly head since I stopped the pain meds, Motrin helps, but I'm babying it I guess. Need to suck it up and drive on!! Feels good kicking the poison doesn't it?

Thanks man! Yes I feel great and am finishing my TINY pieces of suboxone.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great Job!

Been keeping up with your other posts. Looks like you're doing good, congrats and keep up the good work.