Notices

48 hours clean!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

48 hours clean!!!

48 hours without any pot for the first time in three years. I know I can continue to do this. I don't want to be a pot head anymore. 40 years old and toke'n all the time. It's embarassing. I am so grateful to be free.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wohoooo! This calls for some serious dancing!

Old 11-21-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

HAhahahahAhAhahahah!!!!! That is too funny. I LOVED to dance to that song back in the day. I even had the big hair! Thanks for the celebration, Freedom. And I love your name, btw.

:rotfxko
Old 11-21-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Lulu!
D
Old 11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks! You should see me dancing around my computer room!

I was into the big hair at one time too. I also did Rod Stewart's pineapple cut for a few years.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

My sister just got to see Rod in Vegas. They had a great time.

Thanks for the well wishes, Dee!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How about a little Michael to celebrate 48 hours? Crank it up kids!

*DeVon doing da moonwalk*
Old 11-21-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Oh yeah, its Thriller night!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome stuff Lulu, I want to say 'it gets easier' but being a mere few days ahead of you, im probably full of false confidence at the moment.

We just have to keep reminding ourselves we're better off without it. It really is as simple as that. Its hard when you dont have horrific memories of doing drastically out of character stuff to help the process - I used those memories (or lack of lol) to propell me through my abstinence from alcohol. Instead I try to remind myself of all the stuff I HAVENT done, because ive been sitting stoned, watching life pass me by. I guess that in itself is out of character, but its been 'me' for so long, im just waiting for these thc layers to peel themselves off and who knows what kind of person is underneath?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

this deal is doable (hug)
Old 11-22-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey, that is great, Laura! IME, smoking weed is incompatible with any good sobriety. That certainly didn't stop me from attempting "marijuana maintenance". We all have heard all the arguments, but I cannot truthfully say that weed improves anything....it just makes it easier to screw up.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Thanks again to everyone. I have mere minutes before I have to call my prospective employer and "come clean" about why I won't be starting today as planned. This is what I am planning to say:

I have been sick all weekend trying to decide what to do and have finally decided that honesty is the best policy, although I realize I am taking a big risk. I don’t drink alcohol or do any other drugs, but I won’t pass a drug screen because I sometimes smoke marijuana recreationally. I have now quit smoking and will not ever start again because I don’t ever want to have to go through this again. But unfortunately, I still won’t pass a drug screen for at least a few more weeks. I understand if your hands are tied, and will bow out gracefully and with gratitude for the offer if that is what is warranted.

And then I will let go of the outcome. I'm just ready to be done with it. I hope I don't throw up before then...
Old 11-22-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Well, I did it and I just heard back from her and they want me to start tomorrow!! I can't believe it. I am literally the luckiest person in the world. She said they would wait a few weeks to do the drug test and that I would be subject to random drug tests for the duration of my employment, but I don't care!!! I am so excited and so grateful to God and the program for teaching me that honesty is almost always the best policy.

Thanks to everyone for all your support. Now I have to go shopping! I need some new work clothes....

Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, that is fantastic news! Honesty is the best policy, and you were honest and let go of the results. I'm proud of you!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Thanks, Free! I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I so appreciate everyone's support. I could not have got through this weekend without this site.

BTW, Freedom--It's hard for me to say this being a Mizzou alum, but I like you! (Even though you're from Kansas...)
Old 11-22-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My Encouragement

I have been a "nonsmoker" now for a couple years. I smoked pot from the time I was about 14 until I was 30. Sometimes heavily, sometimes not.
But, one day I just decided I didnt want to anymore - and I didnt. It was hard the first few weeks (which looks like you are right there - in that hard time). But, now - I see my friends toking and I dont think twice...

Unfortunately - I have moved to another addiction (PLEASE dont think it had anything to do with my quitting the pot!!! It didnt!) that I am now - JUST NOW - accepting that its a problem, and going to start trying to fix it.

AWESOME for you!!! Keep going!! I know you can!!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((((((Seaswept)))))))) I know what you mean about trading addictions. I am and alcoholic, too, but I haven't had a drink in almost seven years. I am hoping to replace the addiction this time with lots of exercise and healthy eating. I just have to get through this first few days. Still really anxious and kind of shaky all the time. Went for a long walk this morning though, and that has helped some.

It looks like you are pretty new here, Sea, so I have to say please stick around and post a lot. There are many wonderful people here with good sobriety who will support you and be here for you any time of the day or night. But they can't help if you don't ask for it!! I think things really started to turn around for me when I finally surrendered and asked for help. You can do it, too!!! Hang in there...
Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Lulu

Congratulations on the job, that is so awesome!

My shakes disappeared after day 4, I think they may have been related to the lack of food I ate in the first few days as well as withdrawal....it was horrible though, i felt like an alcoholic again!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((((((((Ainslie))))))))))))) I am so proud of YOU! And I SO appreciate the updates on what to expect next. I actually feel kind of normal tonight. Still a little bit quaky, but I am finally able to eat and that is definitely a blessing. The lack of apetite thing could go on as far as I'm concerned, though, because I could stand to lose a few more pounds! Just kidding. It sucks not being able to eat.

72 hours now, people, and going strong. And I'm heading off to my new job tomorrow!!!!

Blessings to you all!