Notices

Getting Tired of it

Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting Tired of it

I am a RA with over 10 months sober. I am working my program and in fact have been blessed with a young sponsee-thanks to my sponsor. Well, yesterday I went to see my new shrink. Nothing I did I just can't get continuity due to insurance changes, turnover etc. I have had 4 people managing my meds the last year and a half. It started out as Aggitated Depression-med set one, moved to BiPolar-Med Set two, Who knows what depression Med Set 3 and 4 and now my new one is ADHD. I honestly told her I would just like to ween off and start from Scratch. I was started on Meds when I was still active. I do not feel there is a good baseline to start with. I am just getting really sick of this. I know psych stuff is tricky and these things all kind of mesh together but come on....It is just getting old. Guess I had to vent!! Thanks Scott
Old 10-29-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Scott,
Welcome to Stupidville! Very annoying!
I went to a well-recommended psychopharmacologist. He was great. Even the office seemed apart from the world!
He knew I was quitting drinking, so was able to take drink into account. He was very calm and just started from scratch and changed drugs as needed. I ended up with a perfect combo. 2 meds.
You are absolutely correct about the baseline thing. If you could just start all over, that would be great. You do not want to fall apart though. Treat only the symptoms with as few benign meds as possible. Try and get someone you trust to give you honest input on your moods. Unfortunately, with mental stuff, we are not the best judge. This is scary.
You will not get medical advice here, but people can share in general, what they went through. The other thing is, some generics are just as good as brand name, others are not. The doc will know this too. Hang in there.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh lordie, I don't even want to think how many times my meds have been changed..but since they have got it fine-tuned it feels so great.
hang in there, every one's chemistry is different so that it does take time to get that right mix.
It stinks in the mean time, I know.