Notices

Depression

Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Depression

Going back to work after taking most of last week off. I had a break down at work and now it's no secret that I'm having problems--I cried in front of my bosses. They told me they would work with me. That's super, but I don't know how I'm going to be today....or the next several days. I'm not stable.

I turned in my two weeks, but I have the option to rescind it. They don't want me to make a hasty decision. I just don't know if I can keep it together. I'm really bad right now. I'd like to keep my job, but if I can't concentrate and I'm really stressed out, how can I?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

your bosses are right to give you the option to rescind... you're very lucky that they care.
if you need someone to talk to (which I often find helps me get back on track) I'm here.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Drunk in Recovery

Remember, this too will pass -- even though it feels like it will not. I have dealt with a lot of deep, dark depression in my life. With help, I was eventually able to return to work and feel good again -- even though I thought I couldn't at the time. The thing about depression is it always makes you feel like no one else in the whole world could possibly have ever felt so bad and survived it -- but I am here to tell you, there is hope if you can find your way to the help you need.

What can we do to help you for now?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just posted this on another thread.

Please my friends - Watch this 'you tube' closely.Turn it up and listen carefully. If you want to know more after watching it, I will direct you to the books - I have been studying this issue for a long time. Bill Wison got rejected from his own medical board for trying to promote this and so do I so I.

I will only tell those who are really interested - why some people continue to relaspe and stay depressed. They say iF Bill had lived another 10 years - this would have been in the Big Book!

It's NOT just about doing the steps and Bill W knew this! Although doing the steps is a very important part of the program. They have learned so much more in the last 50 years about addiction. Let me know what you think? I hope this helps at least one person and I'll be happy. Margee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH1_v0zh_gk
Old 10-11-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Going back to work after taking most of last week off. I had a break down at work and now it's no secret that I'm having problems--I cried in front of my bosses. They told me they would work with me. That's super, but I don't know how I'm going to be today....or the next several days. I'm not stable.

I turned in my two weeks, but I have the option to rescind it. They don't want me to make a hasty decision. I just don't know if I can keep it together. I'm really bad right now. I'd like to keep my job, but if I can't concentrate and I'm really stressed out, how can I?
sorry to hear this Bam.. whatever you decide (Whenever you decide it) try to remember that: #1 you are a Recovering Alcoholic.. it Ain't Easy.. and Nobody ever said it would be..
Old 10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm sorry you are feeling so low.

Perhaps checking with your doctor
regarding tweaking your meds is indicated.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((Bam)))))))))))))
Depression s*cks!
It has taken quite a few trial and errors with the meds...but I am really not depressed anymore and that is what it came down to ...the right meds.
The other thing I do to protect my health is get an hour of sunlight daily and make sure I adhere to my sleep schedule rigorously.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

*sigh*

I'm bad at posting updates. I'm back on meds. I feel...ho-hum right now. It's a manageable 'blah' feeling. I'm just glad I'm not bogged down with dark thoughts.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

have you been back on them for the 8 weeks or so yet?

Glad you aren't been plagued by those ugly mind mess-ups.

This change of weather seems to have energized me....and is making me want to much out on a bunch of starches...animal instinct is how I think of it.

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLL

LOL

here's some bear hugs ((((((((((((((((((((((((((bam))))))))))))))))))))) )
Old 10-15-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Bam))))

D
Old 10-16-2010, 12:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Live View Post
have you been back on them for the 8 weeks or so yet?
Nope. Only a week, but this always happens. My brain reacts very quickly to SSRIs...but the problem has been the effect is short-lasting. I'm sure I'll have to bump this up until I top out. And then I'll have to try something else. Again. Like how positive I am?

I'm in a better mood at the moment, but I can't sleep.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

wow!
I suppose I have responded to some anti-d's rather rapidly...
I think I was absolutely the very most miserable when I had gone off and then had to wait the 8 weeks for them to take effect. It was the longest days and weeks of my life.
I have vowed to NEVER do that again!

Are you on just one or a mix?

I didn't see this last night...BUT, I didn't go to bed on my "supposedly strict schedule"...and I really feel it today.
My mind is foggy and I feel just OFF.
There's a lesson there!

I am glad you checked in...it helps me when I do..and when I have others to talk with about it.

rock on!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Just one med.

I'm tired b/c my cat would NOT let me sleep in this morning. If she's getting up, she's getting me up, too. Took a nap this afternoon and now I'm all out of wack. I love my kitty, though.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I was tempted to take a nap..fortunately I didn't, I just can't afford to mess up my sleep anymore than what I all ready did.

AND tonight is the first night without my anti-d/sleep med. (mirtzapine)
That kinda scares me.
Got my fingers crossed!
(just moved and new med appmt isn't until Nov 1..yikes)

BUT I also just made those wonderful kid-type no bake chocolate-peanut butter cookies that are loaded with sugar.
Like I need a sugar buzz??!!!
(gotta have the chocolate LOL)

Glad you are hanging around.

How many kitties? Young ones?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Bam.....
having a fun pet is sooooo rewarding
and cats run on their own time line for sure!
Perhaps shutting the bedroom door
keeping cat out is an option?

Perhaps this link will give you ideas about sleeping

Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

All my best to you
Old 10-16-2010, 11:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Bam, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I haven't been on the boards in a while so I probably missed something, but why were you off your meds in the first place, and if you stopped taking them why and did you titrate off of them?

One supplement I have been taking for the past year or so that has helped me out of significant depression is called l-methylfolate but I take it as l-methionine. It's like highly concentrated folic acid that, I'm told, helps your antidepressants work better. It's been a wonder for me.

Also, are you seeing a therapist? I imagine your new job is stressful so I hope you're getting some psychotherapy tools to help deal with the anxiety and subsequent depression.