Notices

Someone, please give me a reason to live....

Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Someone, please give me a reason to live....

...because I can't find any other than my kids, and I just feel like I am dragging them down anyway.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey MP

I'm sorry you're struggling - but the thing is while we're alive there's always the chance of things getting better. Having nearly died myself from my addictions, I think life is the far better alternative.

I used to think I was a waste of space, but that was just the way my problems and my addiction made me feel.

We can find the kind of life we deserve.
Don't give up. You're not alone here

Please - read these links - especially the ones in the second post.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

D
Old 07-12-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManicPanic View Post
...because I can't find any other than my kids, and I just feel like I am dragging them down anyway.
Sorry To Hear You Are Hurting MP.. Don't Give Up! Keep on Posting.. There Are Many of Us Here on SR That Understand Where You Are At..
Old 07-12-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, everything just feels so hopeless right now. I can barely get out of bed and manage going to work right now. Life just hurts right now.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by ManicPanic View Post
Thanks, everything just feels so hopeless right now. I can barely get out of bed and manage going to work right now. Life just hurts right now.
i've Been There.. it Sucked.. But i Got Through it.. ODAAT!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry, by the way, I'd hate to trigger someone else's feelings.

I don't really want to die either, I just don't know how to live right now.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I read this one day and I like to go back and re-read it when feeling down.

i hope you know you're not the only one who feels the way you feel. You are not the only one who struggles. You are not the only one with questions. You are not crazy. You deserve to be heard, to be known. You deserve love.

You deserve love.

You deserve a place that feels like home. You deserve some hands to hold. Hands to pull you past the broken moments, hands to catch you when you fall. Eyes to see you. To say you're there, that you exist, that you change a room, that your presence is significant. Ears to hear you - hear your stories, hear you laugh. Ears to hear your questions and to say they matter.

Your questions matter.

Maybe call a friend today or invite someone to coffee. Tell someone they matter or tell someone you could use a conversation. Write a letter or ask someone how they're doing. Like a song too much. Feel the drums or get lost in the chorus. It means that you're alive.

It's good that you're alive. Who else could play your part?

i hope you get to a place, wake to a day, where that feels true. You deserve to know it's true.

To Write Love on Her Arms is a community of people with questions and struggles. It is for broken people and it is led by broken people. Life is heavy and light. Life is both. Beauty and pain, aches and dreams... We are saying that it's okay to talk about those things. We are saying that we need to. We are choosing to believe that stories deserve better endings. That hope is real, that help is real, that people need other people.

You are not alone today. You matter very much.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm glad you joined us, and that you're reaching out. That's a good sign. There are people here who care and who understand.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Manic,

I think we all go through those feelings at some point in life. You're definitely not alone, at any rate.

Do you have any friends you haven't spent time with in a long while? Is there anything you used to enjoy going out and doing?

This may sound nerdy, but I have gotten to the point where my favorite thing to do when I get depressed is read. It's the easiest way for me to escape for a little while.

Find something fun to do for today and go for it. You deserve it.