Notices

More than the blues.......

Old 06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy More than the blues.......

Hey everyone I suffer from a mild form of bi-polar/ocd. Its hard when it seems like nobody understands. I suppose thats okay cause their are people who do understand. Its just me trying to make myself feel different from others. Anyway I was recently put on an anti-deppressant and for the past 2 weeks I felt so depressed. I wasnt doing nothing other than sleeping all day and up all night. I stopped the med and started my regular routine-meetings,excercise, and staying active. Be well ....Peter:rotfxko
Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi peter, I have OCD too- nasty isn't it? I am not bi- polar, however... I'm sorry you're feeling so alienated. Maybe you could expound? I was put on a high dose of anti depressant and for awhile I felt worse too, and then it finally began to help.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey sleepy how are you today, im doing well but the anti-depressants are not for me. Ive tried just about all of them and gave them plenty of time..with my docters help.They seem to agravate my symtoms for the worst. I do take meds but anti-depressants are not for me...Be well Peter
Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The first couple of weeks on anti-depressants was hell for me, but after about a month they started helping quite a bit.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Clean 4 Ever. I am alright- how are you these days?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hey sleepy I sometimes wanna run as far as I can but I always seem to bring myself with me..lol,,,hope you well. Im hanging in there...Clean
Old 07-29-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you staying clean I know how hard it is... More power to you.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I have been on medication round and round for an everlastingly long time. However I also did the the things that at first were unimaginable...Get out of the apartment and socialize with others like myself. I was and still am fortunate to have a place to go like that. Sure its an adult day care center...oh my. But along with my dual-recovery plan, getting out in the world, as pushing myself to do what was once unthinkable...life has gotten better.

I would encourage you to seek treatment that you may have not considered before. I know it hard yet it can be very rewarding to push beyond those limitations that keep one stuck.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Talking Taking baby steps....

Im pretty stable on my meds..Sleeping well..First time in years..Seems like when I stopped using coke I really had serious sleep issues, struggled with suicidal deppression, and severe anxiety. Today Im doing much better. Have'nt cut and been hospitalized in over 4 years. Ive been in and out of mental wards like it was my second home. If your struggling with bi-polar or anything like that hang in there it has to get better...It is for me, well at least today and thats all important..Be Well, Clean
Old 08-31-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good to know Glad things are improving.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Unhappy Mood Swings..

Seems like the ups and downs to the extreme have been life for me since I got clean..Its not easy but well worth it..I know what its like to NEED drugs and not have any...OR ...coming off of coke/crack and not having any......I know thats hard...Life is...Hey Im glad Im clean...Going through the ups and downs of Bi-polar isnt fun but using drugs isnt going to help any..Clean
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

mood stabilizer?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Question Question?

Originally Posted by Live View Post
mood stabilizer?
Hey Live are you asking me a question? If so what is it?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

sorry about the shorthand. what you don't read my mind LOL
You had said that it has been extreme ups and downs, so the first thing that comes to my mind to look into for that with bipolar is a mood stabilizer. Mine is working wonderfully ...whew, and what a relief that is.
Do you take one, have you tried more than one type, does it help, does your dr think it would?
The swinging moods wore me flat out. Got reallly bad over the last year plus. Thankfully I am on an even keel now.
I couldn't have kept it up untreated. Too draining and the total lack of stability was maddeniing.

Last edited by Live; 01-12-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wink Lol.....

Oh...Okay..Ive been on a mood stabilizer now for a few years and it really helped me with the mood swings in the beginning. I think I need to change it cause I've been on this one for a while now and I think it has lost its effectiveness. It took me several tries before my Dr and I found this one works best for me. I just dread changing meds because I feel like I've been put through the wringer..Anyway Im glad your on an even keel. It feels great to feel balanced. So thanks for the comments. I also want to say that next Doctors visit I will bring this up...Thanks, Clean