Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

WHOOHOOOO Day 6 and I finally got a FULL NIGHTS SLEEP!

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In only 6 excruciating long days I completely forgot what it was like to sleep again. Almost no RLS (not enough to keep me awake anyway) Got my deep tissue massage yesterday and the therapist totally kicked my ass. My energy is starting to come back on pretty strong, the appetite is REALLY good (maybe too good)

All I'm taking is a couple of Tylenol, .1mg of klonopin for the anxiety and my Zanaflex at bedtime.

Is that cheating? I hope to dump the klonopin in the next . Not sure what to do about the muscle relaxer. If it keeps my back pain and stiffness at a manageable level, I think I have a much better chance of NEVER needing the pain meds again.

Thanks for listening. So glad I found this place

John
Old 05-19-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats, If ur taking the medicine as prescribed then no its not cheating, besides i always looked at it this way it doesnt matter how u get clean, the most important thing is getting there and staying there. 6 days thats huge, just take it one day at a time. Its all about just for today.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good job that's awesome
Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks! I feel pretty darn good about it. I know I still have a terrible back, I just have to find a way to manage the (daily) pain and discomfort with OTC med's ONLY. I actually still have all my prescriptions in the cabinet but NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to take any of them. The last few days were so absolutely miserable that I try to think about that every time a craving (albeit small) comes on. Fortunately is passes quickly