Notices

it was 6 years and six months ago.....

Old 12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

it was 6 years and six months ago.....

it was 6 years and six months ago that i found SR. i was a dry drunk for the most part. faking my way through AA.

i was still full of self, riding an ego that would have to pay two tolls on most major highways. i came here with all good intent, but got in my own way and the way of others.

after some head bumping with jon, and other members here, i was banned. this was a short lived ban though. as i went onward through my journey, i had finally surrendered, and in doing so came back here and made an amend to jon, and the posters of SR.

as in AA in the real world i was welcomed back. it's an amazing thing that forgiveness.

anyway, i've traveled long and hard on this journey of recovery. i've let go of self for the most part today, and live a spiritual existence to the best of my ability.

i actually enjoy life today, i'm still a fun, funny, crazy kind of guy, very spontaneous, but always there for others, especially when the hand of recovery is reached for. today, it is not all about me. (ok, sometimes it is! LOL)

i've met some of the people here, and it was an honor to do so, i've felt the pain of losing someone here as well. and not a day goes by i don't think of her. rarely a day goes by that i don't think of the folks that are still here.

wow, 6 1/2 years!

an amazing journey i tell ya.