Notices

Somewhere in the middle of a spiritual journey

Old 09-05-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Somewhere in the middle of a spiritual journey

One week ago (when I found SR), I was smack dab in the middle of getting my life back on track. Getting pulled in lots of directions.

Discovering how to relate better to others, how to reach out more, and how to ask for help. Learning that being an intellectual doesn't give me a spiritual advantage or some kind of a "head-start" in this process.

Realizing that I need and greatly benefit from relating and sharing with others. Realizing how my natural tendencies to retreat and to contemplate and to mentally reflect on things -- while useful to me -- can often get in the way of that.

That was just a week ago, and I am still roughly in that same place -- but now I am pointed in a better direction. The only task left is to take a step forward, being open and trusting in the process and, some time after that ... to take another step ... until I'm walking a rewarding path.

Ed
Old 09-26-2009, 12:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"All life is impermanence", were the last words attributed to Shakaymuni, the Buddha, that being the case, for myself when I found myself doing what you do, which is excellent, it often paid to reflect and look back,NEVER STARE, and change my perspective, steadily, quietly and purposfully avoiding my biggest enemy, SELF WILL, once I forget that I am powerless over people, places and institutions I'm heading for serious trouble. Thank you for posting your message, I wish you a long, healthy recovery.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for your share LifeLover, step by step with positive intention is all we can & need to do sometimes.

Take Care,

NB
Old 10-14-2009, 11:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Excellent! All this is good, but slow and steady, there is a well intentioned attitude for a lot of people to give you a lot of 'good' advice, much of it built on mythology or what they have heard other people say, it enhances their own reputation. If you can get one, maybe to sponsers, people who really know what they are talking about, stick with them unless of course some one e3lse comes along, but don't be a butterfly, flitting from one to another listening only to people who tell you what you want to hear, above all this choose,'the God of you're understading', he/she or it will never let you down.