Notices

She left them behind. . .

Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She left them behind. . .

Long before she was arrested. My sister abandoned her kids 10 years ago, by choosing to party instead of parent.

She finished nursing school and set off to work her first hospital as a certified RN. We were all so proud of her. Always making bad choices in men, friends, finances, etc. her life had always been unstable. Married to a guy who can't keep a job to save his life, and could care less to have to work anyway. Regardless of the 3 kids or his wife who was going to school to beat a new path of stability for her family.
Move ahead 7 years. . . Fired from her 5th job as a nurse because of drug tests coming back "dirty". Here we go again, borrowing money to pay her bills late, getting evicted from their 7th place, 4 cars repossessed, 2 bank accounts closed, kids video games and bikes coming up missing, moving back in with my parents (yes, the whole family of 5 for the 3rd time), stealing food and anything "pawnable" from my house and my parents house, and the list goes on.

Hiding her track marks with an ace bandage and the excuse of pulling a ligament in her arm while moving a patient from one bed to another. Picking her face to shreds and losing 45 lbs in less than 4 months. Coming over to my house to "borrow" gas money and cigarette money from my 16 year old son. Making my father scrape together change to give her, so she could buy milk for the baby. All the while the loser husband sits at home and sucks up the AC and lays down the law.
Now here we are, she finally gets busted. Stolen prescription pads from various doctors offices, filling them out and "cashing them in". 3 Walgreens in less than 2 hours. BUSTED! Cops handcuff her and arrest her for 3 counts of drug trafficking. Oxycotin. Same thing she had been shooting in her arm for the past year. $50,000.00 Bond. My entire family is tapped out with helping her financially, mentally, and emotionally.

Oh yeah, let's not forget the 3 children laying eyes to it all. Thank God not the Walgreens incident. They were at the house waiting on her to bring back lunch. 4 hours later, the 17 year old figures out that something is very wrong.
My dad has to go pick up his truck, as he had loaned it to her so she could get to work and get the kids to school ( her car was repo'ed AGAIN).

I now have the 3 kids, along with my 2. Who would have thought at the age of 36 I would have 5 children. 17, 17, 11, 4 and 4. I love them with all of my heart and soul. I feel for these kids every day. I die inside when the little one asks where Mommy is, when the 11 year old falls apart and can't even speak, and the 17 year old laughs and calls himself a nomad because he is numb to it all (on the surface).

This is their safe place. It's always been a real home to them. My husband works 7 days a week now to pay for the extra groceries, lunch money, field trips, weekend fun, school clothes and supplies, etc. With the economy the way it is. . .well, I just don't know. I am honestly scared of disappointing these kids. I was laid off from my job, and now pick up gigs here and there so I can be home for them.

All my sister cares about is getting out. "When am I getting out of here, I don't want to be here. Why can't my family who is supposed to love me get the bail money together?" She is in the best place right now. For all of us.
I am angry, sad, worried, stressed, exhausted,and strangely, seeing the kids happy and knowing they do not have to see their mom stick needles in her arms anymore, relieved. Now we have to deal with the loser dead-beat dad trying to lay down his laws while we raise his kids. I am tempted to call the cops and let them go get him for the warrant he has out for his arrest. People tell me that could be a horrible thing to have to explain to the girls. So, add one more to my list of emotions. . . confused.

I just want them to be free of all the pain and let down that their lives have been consumed with. We want to give them back what was taken from them. Trust. So, where do I go from here?:praying
Old 01-06-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

riobaby,

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this pain. What a mess it is. You might want to copy and paste your post into the Friends and Family of Substance Abusers forum, where the people who deal with this exact same thing on a daily basis will be sure to see it, and be able to offer you tons of support.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I second that. Friends and Family will have so many people who really understand what you're going thru. I am sorry for your pain but glad you've got the kids in a stable home.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds a little like my Brother. He battled everything from Crack to Meth. Untill he was arrested for like the 5-6th time in 2006. He just got out a few months ago, and finally has a job. But still living with my parents. He drinks, but atl least all his drug tests come back clean. I felt the same way you did by the end, I wouldn't even let him cme to my house or be around my kids.

Praying for you & your family. Maybe some day she will turn it around.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I used to be in your sister shoe once. When i in "there" my family doesn't care. They did not visit me or sent me a letter. Once in a blue moon my mother will come with my son and tell me how hard they struggled. When i released they warned me that if i continue using my children will be up for adoption.No financial support only moral support and no free lunch with my family. They give me a hard knock on the head. I struggle hard keeping my children. Though they used to be tough with me back them now i have to thank them for making me sober all this while .......

They even have my ex husband arrested when i in "there". They said it for the seek of the children. And yes now the children are more happier.

May God Bless you and your family.

Lots of Hugs......:praying