Notices

Where was I?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Where was I?

Lying in bed after drinking like 12 beers, several mixed drinks, a few whiskey shots, and taking 5 Tylenol w/ Codine at a wedding. Oh and then smoking some pot when I got home at like 2am. While lying there feeling like death, I knew I'd reached the end of the line. I had to drink so much water and take ibuprofen and ginko biloba, and multivitamin just to get to sleep. That is when I knew this lifestyle was going to kill me and that I had to do something. Usually that bad feeling leaves after a while and more drinks are sure to follow but I can remember feeling like I was gonna die and that feeling has not left me, it motivates me now. It's right there.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Give it too days more, you'll be refreshed and clear and you'll want to celebrate just out of the sheer feeling of clarity with some beers. It is coming, prepare for it.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

I sure hope that's not true but I'm ready for a month of pure hell, quite frankly.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi getr,

Sometimes the stick works better than the carrot. I use the memory of my last drunk day and the days before it when needed. If fear will keep me sober, fear I'll use.

I'm 26 days sober and things have gotten much better. So, the fear factor gets used less and less each day

Ed