Notices

Recently diagnosed Bipolar

Old 04-07-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recently diagnosed Bipolar

Hello all. I have been posting in the substance abuse forum so far...as I am also a recovering addict. But I had some questions about my meds and wanted to say hi as well. I am on bupropion right now, however I am starting to feel like I may need an up in my dosage? Or maybe its not the right thing for me? I have an appointment tomorrow with my doc but wanted to ask: I have been on for approx. 5 months and lately I have been feeling a lot of anxiety again, and my extremes are coming back. Today I tripped over a rug and just flew off the handle, I haven't been that outta control in a while. My feelings of despair and then total elation are cycling again and I am just wondering...from anyones experience, maybe I should be trying a diff med? I feel like my balance is going again...and I had been feeling really grounded. I have been having wierd twitchy, escape now! feelings too. And strange, fearful dreams. I'm not even sure how to describe what I'm feeling to my doc..basically I feel like the balance is going...ugh. Help?
Old 04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just remember all of this and ask your doctor tomorrow. He/she is the only one that can determine what you need to do.

From what you are saying, IMO I think maybe some things can be adjusted and changed to help you feel a little better soon. I am sure the doctor can help you !! Good luck
Old 04-07-2008, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Why not print out this post to bring to your doc?
That's what I plan to do.

Shalom!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good idea!! We can tend to forget these things on the spot. I know I can!! I had an entire mind full of stuff once and forgot every single bit of it.

What a fab idea teach!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So, been on the Zoloft now for about 6 days...It may be all in my head, HA, ha I kill me...but seriously, I feel better already. None of the jitters, no more out bursts...so we'll see how it goes..right now I am on 50mg and then they step me up to 100's soon...so far tho, going good.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wonderful thought about bringing a printed copy of you post to the doc...unfortunetly for me, this is probably post doc appointment by a few weeks. I just wanted to pass along a little experience with meds, switching meds, and all that goes along with it. I started many years ago with zoloft, which thru me into a manic cycle 24/7, following my pseudo return to sanity we started the full run. Neurontin, Topamax, Tegretol, Paxil, Depakote, Zyprexa, Risperdal----the whole set of tools. Now with the consideration that some combinations were noticeably bad immediately, many times I denied the doctors suggestion of waiting one more week to more fully evaluate the effects. Definetly talk to your doctor, and always allow yourself enough time to get the full benefit of the meds----obviously recognizing there's a difference between how 3500mg of Depakote a day feels, and 30mg of Adderall. Good luck and keep posting!

-Skye