Notices

I'm bipolar and new to this forum

Old 01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm bipolar and new to this forum

Hi all. I'm a bipolar, diagnosed when I was 16 (I'm now 32). I'm finally on a cocktail of meds that work for me although I still have these crazy manias, productive manias where I don't eat (which feeds my anorexia) I hardly sleep (function on like 3 or 4 hours), which isn't good as I'm a mom of 6.

I'm so looking forward to connecting with you all, that know what I'm going through.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Knittinggal, I'm sorry that me or no one else has responded to this yet. My excuse is that I'm struggling with some kind of horrid cold or flu or something right now....sorry for needing an excuse at all.

(((((Welcome))))) to SR! I'm bipolar also....bipolar II with rapid cycling to be exact so I'm not really familiar with crazy manias...mine are typically only what's called hypomanias (much less high up and VERY enjoyable for me). As a bipolar II, I suffer mostly with depression.....which is why it took me so long to be diagnosed and then even longer to discover what it meant (I was about 27, but a doc had told me I was bipolar about 3 years prior and i just didn't grasp what it was or meant).

I would highly recommend the book, "A Brilliant Maddness," by Patti Duke .... as see talks about her dealing with manias and it's the best book I've ever read about bipolar disorder.

Anyway, glad to have you here at SR and hope to continue seeing you around for a long, long time to come.

Cheers,
Jen
Old 02-01-2008, 11:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome knittingggal. I too suffer bi-polar and anxiety (been diagnosed since 1995)
You've come to the right place. I've found nothing but great support on these boards.
Welcome...and know that we're here for you.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Welcome!

i apologize as well = I was online all night last night and missed this.