Notices

im hooked on weed

Old 01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im hooked on weed

i quit smoking cigeretts finnaly after 9 years of smoking but the bad thing is since october i have gotten addicted to weed i havent smoked it in a week but i am craving it badly i quit because of my family and how much i dont want to loose them. but its still a problem. any suggestions would be apriciated and any help sites too. i have cronic tremores and they seemed to settle down when i was on it but now that im not my shaking seems to be worse. im not going back to it at all i also have a nerologist appointment at the university of Utah on the 11th of feb so hopefully they can figure out why i have tremores. write me:puppet
[email protected]
Old 01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

at times like now that im stressed out and and my anxiety is threw the roof that i am craving the mental rush of the stuff, it driveing me nuts. i hope that its not like this the rest of my life! i hope its not like the cigerette addiction.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

I have no experience to share with you.
But, I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you will continue to share your story with us as you find your way.
Keep up the good work. You're worth it!

Shalom!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Some people report no withdrawal symptoms when quitting pot(and I mean they smoke everyday for months or years, then stop with no difficulty), others get all kinds of symptoms like nervousness, insomnia, or mood issues. But typically, marijuana withdrawal doesn't last very long. It could be longer depending on how long and how often you were smoking. And the "stoner" memory, concentration, and attention problems fade the longer you abstain.

I imagine any mood or anxiety issues from quitting could aggravate your tremors, but it's good that you're going to get checked out. Try not to worry about any withdrawal you feel, since it will probably go away very soon.

The hardest part w/quitting for me was a little bit of irritability and trouble getting to sleep w/o it. But before I knew it, my cravings disappeared.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hey, rx-7;

having had three husbands with a 'non-addictive herb' obsession ... I only have experience from WATCHING them, Inever saw the 'utility' in it myself.

All it did for me:
made me stupid
made me paranoid
made me eat everything in the fridge staring at the clock
made me sleep.

not a lot of 'functionality' in it for me.

I don't have any advice - but am relieved to see you are going to a doctor and soon.

stick around - we're here pretty much 24-7.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Ryan, It always makes me smile a little inside to see you on here, but i'm sorry to hear about the addiction. My ex-fiance of several years had smoked pot since he was a teenager. Once we were living together and he was always making me drive him an hour away once a week or so.....for him to get free pot from his uncle who sold it....well.....i got tired of that REAL fast.

I kept on him until he finally stopped it, but that took forever. And the worst part was that he just switched the addiction to it out for a new addiction to alcohol....and for the first time in our years together he started getting violent with me quite often....even left a few bruises and whelps on me.

Anyway, he never worked. It was like trying to make a kid wash the dishes everyday....he just couldn't deal with it. So I supported him and his addictions while having to work 2 jobs and put myself through college full-time. Fun Fun!!!!!

I suspect that you are dealing more with bad anxiety issues than you are a true addiction to the stuff....since i seem to recall you having a lot of anxiety before....and since pot is known for mellowing people out.

So....it's going to be tough for you to make it to the 11th for the doc appt., but there ARE things you can do like relaxation exersizes where you listen to a CD that walks you through stress-relieving mental excersizes. It really works wonders!! I've used them a lot and love them.

I suspect that you got on the weed and it helped SO much with your anxiety that now that you are off of it again....the same amount of anxiety feels like a LOOMING MONSTER because you're not use to it at all anymore. Make sense?

Also....another suggestion would be to excersize if you can. Any physical activity will help with the anxiety.

Jenna