Notices

Big Problem!

Old 10-22-2007, 03:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big Problem!

I found this site buy searching for what i was going through, here is what some one froim here said,

Hi Mark,
I am so confused!
Lately I have been getting bad anxiety after a night of HEAVY drinking(usually 22-26 beers). It is a constant anxiousness feeling. And I feel like I have to take deep breaths, like I'm short of breath. I have to have my wife massage my back which makes me feel a little better, but makes her more mad at me!
I wont even go outside because it will get worse. I also feel really emotional and my mind is racing thinking all these randon thoughts. The funny thing is I don't have the common hangover symptoms like headaches, thirstiness etc. when I get the anxiety. I do get the common stuff when I drink like 10 beers. I remember the first time I got this it was about 2 years ago but it wasn't that bad. It seems to have progressed to this horrible feeling. And it always happens when I oever indulge.The next day after a good night sleep it's completely gone. I feel a little tired but the anxiety is gone. And I'll never get it otherwise. I do feel stressed here and there but not the anxiety.
Is the alcohol doing something to my brain? I read that it might just be alcohol withdrawals. True?
I am planning to go to AA and stopping drinking.

Thanks,
jasaman

This is what I have had for years I posted a reply to jasaman lastnight when I was going through this, here is what I said to give you an idea about what is going on.

Hello Jasaman,

I’m so happy I’ve found your conversation about anxiety hangovers, This has made my life a living hell for the last 3 years now. I’ve never told any one about it because I feel daft and think people will thing im mad. Im worried about what people think about me. I thought I was the only one with this problem. I cant leave the house the next day after a big drink on a Friday or sat or any day for that matter. Well I can but I don’t like it. I don’t even like to see my own mam and dad now its got that bad I stay in my room until the next day until the nightmare has ended and its getting worse all the time. I hope you get this message because you know what im going through I think. When this first started to happen I didn’t know it was anxiety I thought it was depression so I went to the doctor and he said just stop drinking and looked at me like I was daft. And I think it still could be a bit of depression because it gets me down that I have this problem about not wanting to do any think or go out the day after drinking. It is a big problem because I cant even go on holidays now because every one drinks every day. My mates went on a weekend away to Amsterdam and I couldn’t go because of my problem I haven’t told them what im going through but they must know some thing is wrong. When some one says do you fancy doing some thing tomorrow all I get is lee wont come he’ll be in bed for 2 day’s haha. I cant tell them what’s happening to me.

I am going to go and see a new doctor because I need some help. I don’t want to see the doctor because I feel daft did you?

Another problem is I like a drink I wish I could drink when I wanted to every day like my dad does and my mam there not alcoholics they just have a drink every night my dad has 6 or 7 pints a night and my mam has a few cans. I don’t know were ive got this from because none of my family suffer from this.

I cant stop drinking because my mates will just think im daft and say come on have a drink I only drink once a week i dont have a problem at all but when I drnk I have 12 to 15 pints and binge drink I think years of binge drinking has caught up with me. Plus I would feel out of place if I didn’t have a drink in my hand when I went out. Im in a no win situation. Ive thought about cutting down and drinking shandy but it never works.

Is there a drug I can take the day after drinking that stops this? Can you help me???

Thank you.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Maca and welcome

I´m not sure I understand you. What is the main problem, anxiety or binge drinking or both?

I don´t know of any drugs for the problem you mention. All I can do is share with you that I once was drunk most of the time and on drugs. I also had drinking and drug friends and was concerned about what they would think, too. I was constantly anxious when drinking. I was also in denial and didn´t think I had a problem.

I stopped drinking and drugtaking and started rebuilding my life. I stopped seeing my drug and drinking friends, because we didn´t have anything in common but abusing drugs and drinks. I wanted some more substance in my life and chose to stop.

According to my experience, drinking doubles or even triples mental problems. Depression, anxiety etc.

Love and light,