One More Attempt

Old 10-17-2007, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

One More Attempt

If you are always willing to make one more attempt, you can reach whatever goal you choose. No matter what results you get, the only real failure is when you stop making the effort.

When you are mistaken, you can learn. When you are knocked down, you can get back up.

When you find that you've veered off track, you can correct your direction. When you discover that circumstances have changed, you can make adjustments accordingly.

Eventually, you'll reach the point at which the next attempt you make is the one that will complete the desired accomplishment. What a shame it would be to stop just one effort short of success.

For that next effort will make all the others pay off. Commit yourself to making one more effort, one more attempt, as often as necessary, and anything is within your reach.

Keep making that one more attempt, keep getting back up, and keep moving forward in the direction of your goal, one step after another. And you will surely get there.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Ann,

One of my favorite books is The Little Engine That Could. I was listening to one of those sales motivational speakers the other day, and he had it on his list of recommended reading. In fact, he said he gave a copy to nearly everyone on his staff!

I think I can, I think I can. All I have to do is keep on chugging.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love that book too, Cat, and this post today inspires me.

What I have learned, in recovery and in life, is that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Every time I try again, I try a little differently today. And what doesn't work also teaches me something and eliminates one possibility...leaving about a zillion others to still try.

Besides, I'm a redhead and it's in my blood to never give up.