Notices

10/13 Weekend Chat: what's up with you?

Old 10-13-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Arrow 10/13 Weekend Chat: what's up with you?

not many around this place on the weekends...anyone been up to anything exciting or any plans or anything?

Old 10-14-2007, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Nothing much here, Jenna.
I'm recouperating from whatever it was that got me so sick this past week. Hit me like a mack truck! Back to work, this week, and I still have corrections from last weekend to do! LOL! Then, a job interview on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

Shalom!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi jenna~

I am not doing much myself this weekend...just some baking and cooking since the weather has cooled a bit here in the south.
I did go to an absolutely beautiful wedding yesterday, and cried of course when they did the father-daughter dance to "I Held Her First". The bride got teary eyed and then I cried right along with her! Dad was strong and just smiled sweetly at his little girl...that even made it all the more tender. She had a gown on I have never seen the likes of---white piped in red satin. Talk about the Ahhhh factor!
Been sick myself, Teach. It's a b***h isn't it? Hope you are feeling better real soon. Wishing you luck on the interview.
Take Care Jenna. Nice to see you!
Hugs, Woofie.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies! my Sunday was much more exciting and busy than my fri and sat. Guess i should have started this Fri instead! oh well....i hadn't thought of it then.

Teach, i'm glad you're feeling a little better....or at least i hope you are since your going back to work. Yeah...getting sick is just lovely. it's not like life isn't already hard enough that the world has to hand us a giant sock in the nose with a horrid cold or sinus infection....or back injury...or worse. I'll keep you in my thoughts for your first day back after being out sick. i hope it goes smooth as pie. O man, i hope, i hope your interview goes splendedly. it just has to!

Wolfie! how ya been?!
yes...i LOVE fall....love, love the fall. and i'll just say....yummy to all your cooking.
the wedding...yeah, i've photographed more weddings the past several months than i've even attended in my whole life! And one was a bridal dress similar. it was white, strapless and red satin running down the back and flowing down into a train. stunning. favorite kind i've ever seen, by far....just couldn't ever pull off strapless myself...and wouldn't want to try! Which reminds me...do you still light candles when you pray? You inspired me to do that for a while and then i got too depressed to keep up with things, but i really liked it and invisioned the smoke helping to carry the prayers up to heaven.

hope you both have a fabulous week!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi ((((Jenna))))

I think the gown you saw may have been really similar to the one I saw at this wedding.
Stunning was the perfect word for that gown. I don't believe I ever wore a strapless anything in my life. Oh wait. A tube top a hundred years ago. LOL

Yes, I still light candles every single night. It is such a solace and it brings warmth to the end of my day. I reflect, meditate, and pray if the mood strikes me. If someone comes into my mind, I light a candle for them, too. Symbolically giving them light in their lives.

Take care Jenna! Hugs to you!!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wolf...i really like your candle/meditation ritual. Would you mind doing me a huge favor and describing everything you include and do...in detail?

Do you do it same time each night? What room are all the candles set up in? Would you describe the setting and what items are around the candles, what kind and color of candles....anything and everything you can think of so i can get a mental image of what your nightly ritual "looks and feels" like? How much time do you typically devote? do you sometimes make a list throughout the day of people you want to remember to pray for? Do you have "special" candles that represent certain people in your life who are close to you and always in your thoughts? Do you have music playing at the same time? insense? Do you sit on the floor or a chair in front of a table with the candles?

I know i asked for the 411 on some of this last year, but after having attempted to create my own daily ritual of candlelit prayers i feel more motivated now to really give it more of a place in my life on the long term. And since i'm about to have a week of healing for myself starting monday...this would be a perfect way to help lesson my anxieties each day about all the changes that are/will be occuring.

thanks, love and hugs dear Wolf,
jenna
Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I actually have a church-type wall hanging that holds 10 tea lights.

I prefer white/vanilla candles for their purity in color and how they burn.

I have one large white/vanilla candle that I light every night for one special person in my life, and his family. I meditate and send my love and light to them.

I come across several people on a daily basis and tell them I am lighting a candle in their honor. It is normally someone who has a postive attitude and has lifted me in some spiritual way. I work with people who have multiple sclerosis and I have never known such courageous people with attitudes of positivity and wonder. I light candles for them, they inspire me.

I ask my granddaughter who she would like to light a candle for and she always says her mumma and her sister, Mya, who was stillborn. It does make her feel close to them.

When I have all the candles lit, I sit and look at the glow. I do not play music, but on occasion I do burn some incense. Depending on my mood, I my meditate for quite some time, up to a half hour and ponder on each candle and who it is for. Other times, I sit quietly for a short time and let the candles do their dance of light while I go about other things.

With the exception of the one large candle, I let them burn completely out.
Jenna, it is so soothing and a comforting practice, and a peaceful way to end my day. I do look forward to the relaxation and warmth every evening.

Tonight, a candle glows brightly for you, and your week of healing--

Love and Light always to you my dear heart...
Old 10-17-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know...after I'd posted that I got a mental picture of one of those Catholic church tealight candle holders. Not having much exposure to Catholisism, but having always been drawn a bit to it, I have only seen one of those candle things once in person....just a few weeks ago actually.

Where can you get them at? Isn't it a bit expensive to keep a supply of 70 tealights a week? Or is there place you can get lots of them for a good price?

Thank you SOOOoooo much. The more i think of it the more i like it and really, really want it to become a regular part of my daily life.

((((((((hugs))))))))),
Jenna

p.s. do you sit on the floor when you light them and meditate/pray?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

:praying for you too

Old 10-20-2007, 02:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello sweet Jenna,
Just to let you know I get my candles at Target. I don't always burn all ten everyday but somedays I do. They aren't too expensive, and I do enjoy them so.
Sometimes I sit on the floor and other times I sit on a chair. The wall hanging I got was a gift from my daughter in law a few years back. It's perfect for what I want and she got it through Party Lite, if you have heard of them. I will try to take a picture and post it here for you so you have a visual.

I was raised catholic and grew up with votives. In church, I noticed the quiet energy the votives produced. I always loved that part of church, the peaceful, quiet prayer time after lighting a votive. My Mom would let me light them on occasion and I would pick a person, light the candle, and say a prayer for them. Now I do this in my own home. The votive candles of old were larger than they are now and would burn for several hours, maybe even a day. The church now has replaced those larger candles with tea lights, but it still has the same feel.

I rarely go to church, but when I do, I go to the votive area. I find comfort, peace and and sense of contentment there.

My prayers are with you today and this week as you begin your healing and treatment. I am with you 100 percent and will be thinking of and sending you light and love, dear Jenna.

Blessings to you, and much love.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

a picture would be wounderful. i'll go look at target and see what i can find. thanks bunches! Actually, i hadn't realized it was a wall hanging you have...i must have read over it wrong or something. As i have a wall hanging candle thing in my bedroom that i just have to find the glass holders for and then i could use it! i know it has at least 10 spots for candles. O that will be perfect i think. Thanks!!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
To Life!

You can get a big bag of those tea lights cheap at the christmas tree store, too.

Shalom!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Wolfstarr -

I have tons of candles also. And when I've got company - that's usually the only light in the house. It's wonderful because it's an apartment building built at the turn of the century, and that type of lighting just ... fits both myself and the apartment.

I USED to have an antique brass 10-candle candleobra (-sp?) that once lit - you could cook hot dogs over - LOL - was like having a campfire on the piano - but it got lost in the new life new husband shuffle # 1, #2, or #3 ... I don't know.

These days, the dollar store is the place for me to get candles. I like different scents in different rooms.

Wow I thought I was the only candle junkie around!!!

Shutterbug - I'm with you - fall ... is the best season of the year for me!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thanks for the the share...it is a very lovely and peaceful image. it relaxed me just reading it.

i so very much appreciate all the help you've given me toward starting my own candle ritual. i really believe it's going to be something i will be able to enjoy for a lifetime!

:praying
Old 11-15-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

moving up for paperdolls to have about prayer candles....wish i could change the title of this thread now...lol