Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

A scripture for all, from a non secular god fearing girl

Notices

Old 09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is the bible rendition I believe in completely and irrevocably no matter what tumoil affects life.. I have many bible's and may renditions but this one I have always loved best

1 CORINTHIANS 13

If I speak in the toungues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a sounding brass or a clashing symbol. And if I have the gift of prophesying and am aquainted with al the sacred secretrs and all the knowledge and all the faith so as to transplant mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my belongings to feed others and If I hand over my body that I may boast, but do not have love I have not profited at all.

Love is long suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for it's own interests, it does not become provoked. It does not keep acount of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, beleives all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether ther are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with;
whether there are toungues they will cease. Whether there is knowledge it will be done away with.9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially

10 but then that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with.

When I was a babe I used to speak as a babe, used to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man (adult) I have done away with the traits of a babe.

For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror; but then it will be face to face.

At present I know partially, but then i shall know accurately even as I am accurately known.

13 However, there remain faith, hope, love, these three,

but the greatest of these is love..........................

I hope this is as inspiational as it is to me from the age of 13
Old 09-29-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

from my favorite part of the Bible. When i was doing Bible quizzing in college..my specialty was memorizing verse after verse and being able to recite them verbatium (as even leaving out an "a" or "and" would mean a wrong answer) and the NIV version of this passage was the longest of all the quotes we ever learned and I could recite it like an auctionier going a mile a minute. LOL I've loved it ever since.

I want it recited at my wedding if that day comes.

So very beautiful...thanks for sharing it!